Husqvarna Sponsors AMA Dual Sport Series
AMA National Dual Sport Trail Riding Series
The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) and Husqvarna Motorcycles North America (HMNA) report that the legendary motorcycle brand is the title sponsor of the 2012 AMA Husqvarna National Dual Sport Trail Riding Series, the country’s leading series of off-road motorcycle recreational riding events.
Officially announced at the Dealernews International Powersports Dealer Expo in Indianapolis on Friday, Feb. 17, the sponsorship reintroduces the iconic Husqvarna brand to hundreds of thousands of AMA members.
Rob Dingman (AMA President & CEO) says: “We are very pleased to welcome Husqvarna as the title sponsor of America’s premier dual-sport program, the AMA Husqvarna National Dual Sport Trail Riding Series.
“Husqvarna has always enjoyed a loyal following among AMA members, and it is rapidly reasserting itself in the off-road and dual-sport marketplace. They understand what the AMA and its members are all about: fun on two wheels and a commitment to the future of our sport.”
Long respected for its storied history in American off-road racing, Husqvarna was a dominant force in AMA national-caliber competition from the 1960s through the 1980s. Reminiscent of Husky’s 1970’s glory days, 2011 was a phenomenal year for the brand, which saw retail registrations up more than 60 percent in North America.
Kris Odwarka (HMNA President) says: “Sponsoring the AMA Dual Sport Series is a perfect fit for Husqvarna. It’s a great platform for us to showcase our line of TE dual purpose motorcycles. We have the best selection of street-legal off-road bikes in the industry, and no other brand is more dedicated to the dual-sport category than Husqvarna.”
The AMA Husqvarna National Dual Sport Trail Riding Series features the country’s best-organized dual-sport rides. Run by AMA-chartered clubs and promoters, the events include miles of challenging trail connected by scenic backcountry roads. Rides span two days or more, with one-day participation optional. The courses, which extend to 100 miles or more each day, are well marked and detailed on provided route sheets. Although non-competitive in nature, the challenging, national-caliber terrain is designed to bring out the best in each rider.
Riders are encouraged to visit the official series Facebook page at facebook.com/pages/AMA-National-Dual-Sport-Trail-Riding-Series/347128291965126, as well as AmericanMotorcyclist.com > Riding > Dirt > Husqvarna Dual Sport Series for series information. More information about Husqvarna’s TE line of dual-purpose motorcycles can be found at Husqvarna-MotorcyclesNA.com.
The AMA Husqvarna National Dual-Sport Trail Riding Series, created by the AMA in 1987, has become increasingly popular as off-road and street riders alike have turned to dual-sport recreation to experience the freedom of two wheels. The 2012 schedule for the AMA Husqvarna National Dual Sport Trail Riding Series is one of the largest in history, featuring 24 events.
The series kicks off on May 19 in Zaleski, Ohio, with additional events scheduled in Pennsylvania, Missouri, Michigan, Oregon, Wisconsin, Washington, New York, Colorado, Indiana, Kentucky, California, Virginia, Texas, Arizona and New Jersey. For the latest information about the 2012 AMA Husqvarna National Dual Sport Trail Riding Series, visit www.AmericanMotorcyclist.com.
Be sure to follow Team Husqvarna on Facebook or via Twitter @HusqvarnaNA. For previous Husqvarna press releases see http://husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com/news.php.
2012 AMA Husqvarna National Dual Sport Trail Riding Series Schedule
- May 19: Hanging Rock 200, Zaleski, OH. Buckeye Dual Sporters, Bill Kaeppner. (740) 380-3050, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.kaeppnerswoods.com
- June 2-3: Durty Dabbers National Dual Sport, Mill Hall, PA. Durty Dabbers, Nils Mantzoros. (570) 726-3343, email@example.com, www.durtydabbers.com
- June 2-3: Show Me 200, Bixby, MO. Midwest Trail Riders Assoc., Robert Kaufman. (314) 434-5095, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ridemtra.com
- June 2-3: Whiskey Creek Classic, Custer, MI. Great Lakes Dual Sporters, Jeramey Valley. (989) 751-6863, email@example.com, www.gldsmc.org
- June 9-10: Black Dog Dual Sport, Odell, OR. Northwest Tour & Trail, Tom Niemela. (503) 681-8881, firstname.lastname@example.org , www.blackdogdualsport.com
- June 9-10: Ride For Research, Wabeno, WI. Wisconsin Dual Sport Riders, John Newton. (920) 350-2030, email@example.com, www.widualsportriders.org
- June 23-24: Fort Rock National Dual Sport, Fort Rock, OR. Lobos MC, Billy Toman. (503) 656-5801, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.lobosmc.com/
- July 14-15: Zanesville National Dual Sport, Chandlersville, OH. Zanesville Trail Riders, Jerry Sode. (740) 221-1050, email@example.com, zanesvilletrailriders.com
- July 21-28: 28th Annual Michael R. Burlingham Memorial Six Days of Michigan, TBD, MI. Cycle Conservation Club of MI, Lewis Schuler. (517) 416-0126, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.cycleconservationclub.com
- Aug. 1-5: Dualsport Northwest, Stevenson, WA. Sound! Rider, Tom Mehren. (206) 329-7808, email@example.com, www.soundrider.com
- Aug. 4-5: Hancock National Dual Sport, Hancock, NY. Bear Creek Sportsmen, Mike Goetz. (201) 314-7868, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.bearcreeksportsmen.com
- Aug. 4-5: Moose Run Dual Sport Rally, Walden, CO. Front Range Riders, Deborah Nielsen., email@example.com, www.frontrangeriders.com
- Aug. 11-12: Buffalo 500 D/S Adventure Ride, Columbus, IN. Stoney Lonesome MC, Nathan Gaskill. (812) 343-9772, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.stoneylonesomemc.com
- Aug. 18-19: Ted’s Chandler Hill Challenge, Wolverine, MI. Great Lakes Dual Sporters, Jeramey Valley. (989) 751-6863, email@example.com, www.gldsmc.org
- Sept. 8-9: Land Between the Lakes 200, Golden Pond, KY. KT Riders, Jesse Thomas. (270) 522-3703, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.lbl200.com
- Sept. 22-23: Yosemite Dual Sport Adventure, Buck Meadows, CA. Family Off Road Adventures, Lawrence Borgens. (209) 649-3633, email@example.com, www.familyoffroadadventures.com
- Sept. 29-30: Big Woods 200, Wabeno, WI. Wisconsin Dual Sport Riders, John Newton. (920) 350-2030, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.widualsportriders.or
- Oct. 6-7: Baby Burr National Dual Sport, McArthur, OH. Enduro Riders Association, Steve Barber. (614) 582-7821, email@example.com, www.enduroriders.com
- Oct. 6-7: Shenandoah 500 Dual Sport, Mt. Solon, VA. Washington Area Trail Riders, Andy Giordano. (703) 505-9123, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.nvtr.org
- Oct. 20-21: 15th Annual Terlingua National DS, Study Butte , TX. Trail Riders of Houston, Vaughn Ivey. (713) 817-1455, email@example.com, www.trh-cycle.org
- Oct. 27-28: Howlin’ at the Moon Dual Sport, Wickenburg, AZ. Arizona Trail Riders, Don Hood. (602) 692-9382, firstname.lastname@example.org , www.arizonatrailriders.org
- Oct. 27-28: Meteor Ride in the Pines, Chatsworth, NJ. Meteor MC, Jeff Fitzpatrick. (609) 654-5015, email@example.com, www.meteormc.com
- Nov. 3-4: Hammer Run, Port Elizabeth, NJ. Tri-County Sportsmen, Eldin Polhaumas. (888) 274-4469, firstname.lastname@example.org , www.teamhammer.org
- Nov. 24-25: LA-Barstow to Vegas, Palmdale, CA. AMA D37 Dual Sport, Paul Flanders. (626) 446-7386, email@example.com, www.district37ama.org