Husqvarna has returned a competition model to its off-road lineup. In addition to three two-strokes—the TE 150, TE 250, and TE 300—there is now the four-stroke 2023 Husqvarna FE 450, which returns after a three-year absence. Let’s take a look at this new enduro racing motorcycle from Austria.
- The engine and chassis for the 2023 Husqvarna FE 450 are based on this year’s FC 450 motocross racer. However, the motor and suspension are tuned for off-road duty, and the rake is relaxed a bit for higher-speed stability. Also, there are several different components, including hydraulics, the rear tire, and a larger fuel tank.
- The 2023 FE 450 is a high-tech off-road racing motorcycle. It has two power modes, plus a defeatable traction control—all selectable on-the-fly via controls on the ProTaper handlebar. Additionally, there is different engine mapping for each of the transmission’s six gears.
- WP Xact suspension is used at both ends. The swingarm has a linkage system mounted to the shock.
- Dunlop tires are mounted on D.I.D rims. Like the FC 450, a Dunlop Geomax MX33F is mounted on the front tire. However, the rear 18-inch wheel gets a Dunlop Geomax AT81.
- Braktec handles hydraulics, and GSK wave discs are used for braking. The clutch is the DDS setup we’re familiar with.
- The 2023 Husqvarna FE 450 hits showroom floors this month. We don’t have a price yet for this new model.
2023 Husqvarna FE 450 Specs
- Type: Single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Bore x stroke: 95 x 63.4mm
- Displacement: 450cc
- Compression ratio: 12.75:1
- Fueling: Keihin EFI w/ 42mm throttle body
- Valvetrain: SOHC 4-valve
- Transmission: Pankl Racing Systems 6-speed
- Clutch: DDS w/ Braktec hydraulics
- Final drive: X-ring chain
- Frame: Central double-cradle chromoly steel
- Subframe: Polymide/carbon-fiber
- Handlebar: ProTaper w/ ODI grips
- Front suspension; travel: Fully adjustable inverted WP Xact 48mm fork; 11.8 inches
- Rear suspension; travel: Fully adjustable linkage-assisted WP Xact shock; 11.8 inches
- Wheels: D.I.D
- Front wheel: 21 x 1.60
- Rear wheel: 18 x 2.15
- Front tire: 80/100 x 21; Dunlop Geomax MX33F
- Rear tire: 110/100 x 18; Dunlop Geomax AT81
- Front brake: 260mm GSK wave disc w/ Braktec hydraulics
- Rear brake: 220mm GSK wave disc w/ Braktec hydraulics
- ABS: None
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 58.5 inches
- Rake: 26.5 degrees
- Triple clamp offset: 22mm
- Ground clearance: 14.2 inches
- Seat height: 37.4 inches
- Fuel capacity: 2.4 gallons
- Curb weight: 251 pounds
- Color: White
2022 Husqvarna FE 450 Price: $TBA MSRP