2020 Motorcycle Previews 2020 Peugeot First Look From EICMA: A Motorcycle, Too!

2020 Peugeot First Look From EICMA: A Motorcycle, Too!

2020 Peugeot First Look From EICMA:

A Wide Variety

Although Americans are most familiar with Peugeot as an automobile and bicycle company, Peugeot first made motorcycles and three-wheelers in 1898. Since 2004, Indian powerhouse Mahindra has owned 51 percent, with the other 49 percent staying French-owned. Despite the word ‘motorcycles’ in the name, Peugeot Motorcycles is primarily a scooter company. Peugeot markets a wide variety of scooters in 60 countries, though not the United States. The 2020 Peugeot offerings at EICMA 2019 have caught our interest, so it’s time to share.

We are quite excited to see an actual Peugeot motorcycle. It has a look that is both modern and retro. For instance, the inverted fork is combined with twin piggyback-reservoir shocks. The liquid-cooled twin-cylinder motor has a European look, along with a distinctive red valve cover. The LED headlight and bar-end turn signals provide an interesting contrast with the vintage quilted seat. There is room for two, even though the pillion is covered with a cowling. The Peugeot motorcycle doesn’t have a name and is likely a concept motorcycle. However, it certainly looks like fun, and we’d be more than happy to take it for a spin.

The Peugeot Metropolis RS Concept three-wheeled scooter looks impressive. It is definitely a maxi-scooter with large-diameter wheels, a considerable fairing, Arrow muffler (with carbon-fiber tip), and roomy accommodations for the rider and passenger. The current Peugeot Metropolis RS is a 400cc motor, and this Concept version looks to be a significant step up from the midi Metropolis. The existing Metropolis RS is made in France, has 13-inch wheels, and has an MSRP of €9599.

Next up is the electric-powered Peugeot e-Ludix scooter line. The e-scooter is designed to fill several roles, including ride-share, delivery, and personal transport. It’s the equivalent of a 50cc scooter, and is the fourth generation of Peugeot scooters. In addition to the black-and-white version shown here, there are three other colors available.

The new Peugeot Django 125 ABS Blue was on display at EICMA 2019. The cool retro styling is certainly distinctive, as it is inspired by the legendary Peugeot S55 scooter that debuted in 1953. Peugeot says the Django has an ‘electro-pop style’, and we have no standing to contradict that. It has an air-cooled 125cc motor with fuel injection and over 10 horsepower at 8500 rpm. Top speed is 56 mph, and it gets 81 mpg. The MSRP of the Peugeot Django 125 ABS Blue is €3349. Presumedly, you don’t have to be as stylish as the comely display rider, and you’ll wear appropriate apparel.

Photography courtesy of EICMA

2020 Peugeot at EICMA Photo Gallery

 

Don Williams
Don Williamshttp://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com
With 45 years of riding experience, Don Williams is a fan of all kinds of motorcycles. He enjoys sport bikes, cruisers, dirt bikes, touring bikes, adventure bikes, dual sport bikes, and rideable customs. Ask Don what his favorite bike is and he will tell you, "Whatever bike I'm on."

24 of the Best Retro Motorcycles For Under $10k (2020 Models)

Although going retro can be expensive when buying a new motorcycle, there are plenty of excellent wallet- and credit-friendly choices in the visually appealing...

Harley-Davidson Screamin’ Eagle 131 Crate Engine Unveiled for Tourers

Harley-Davidson has unveiled its newest Screamin' Eagle crate engine - one that makes the popular 120R crate motor seem small in size. Meet the Screamin'...

Triumph Partners With Bajaj Auto: New Models Coming

Britain’s Triumph Motorcycles and India’s Bajaj Auto Limited will be working together to produce Triumph motorcycles in the 200cc to 750cc range. The two...

2019 Yamaha Niken GT Two-Up Test: Passenger-Friendly Motorcycle

We’ve reviewed the quirky-looking 2019 Yamaha Niken GT a couple of times, and comprehensively covered the technical side of the three-wheel motorcycle. Based on...

2020 Triumph Thruxton RS Test: Retro-Modern Motorcycle

The city of Albufeira is a sight for travel-weary eyes. Located in the Algarve region of Portugal on the Mediterranean coast, I dare say...

2020 MotoGP Schedule: 20-Round FINAL Calendar (Dates, Circuits, Tests)

Dorna has finalized the 2020 MotoGP schedule, which features some significant changes over the 2019 calendar. The 2020 MotoGP calendar grows one round to 20...