2016 San Diego 2 250SX Results
Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Joey Savatgy took his second win of the season at round six of the 2016 Monster Energy AMA Supercross West Region Championship at Petco Park in San Diego, Calif.
Read our 450 San Diego 2 Supercross Results
The Kawasaki KXSavatgy started the race in second behind his teammate, Chris Alldredge. Alldredge’s bike had a mechanical failure in the first few laps and was unable to finish. Meanwhile, Yamalube/Star Racing/Yamaha’s Cooper Webb then challenged Savatgy for the lead, but washed the front end in the corner after the start straight falling back several positions.
He made his way back up to second by the end of the race surrendering the points lead to Savatgy.
GEICO Honda’s Christian Craig started the race in seventh, but passed several riders rounding out the podium in third place. CycleTrader/Rock River/Yamaha’s Colt Nichols grabbed another top five finish in fourth place while Rockstar Energy Husqvarna’s Zach Osborne rode to a steady fifth place position.
Troy Lee Designs/Red Bull/KTM’s Mitchell Oldenburg, GEICO Honda’s Jimmy Decotis, Ride365.com/Crossland/Honda’s Kyle Peters, YP Nuclear Blast/Slaton Racing/KTM’s Cole Thompson, and Barn Pros Racing Yamaha’s Cole Martinez rounded out the top ten, respectively.
Photography by Simon Cudby
2016 San Diego 2 250SX Results:
- Joey Savatgy – Kawasaki KX250F
- Cooper Webb – Yamaha YZ250F
- Christian Craig – Honda CRF250R
- Colt Nichols – Yamaha YZ250F
- Zach Osborne – Husqvarna FC250
- Mitchell Oldenburg – KTM 250SX-F
- Jimmy Decotis – Honda CRF250R
- Kyle Peters – Honda CRF250R
- Cole Thompson – KTM 250SX-F
- Cole Martinez – Yamaha YZ250F
- Kyle Cunningham – Suzuki RM-Z250
- Scott Champion – Yamaha YZ250F
- Hayden Mellross– Yamaha YZ250F
- Mitchell Harrison – Yamaha YZ250F
- Alex Martin – Yamaha YZ250F
- Chris Howell – Husqvarna FC250
- Steven Mages – KTM 250SX-F
- Michael Leib – Yamaha YZ250F
- Jordon Smith – Honda CRF250R
- Austin Politelli – Yamaha YZ250F
- Chris Alldredge – Kawasaki KZ250F
- Killian Auberson – Suzuki RM-Z250