Ducati says the new DRE has four unique factors:
- Internationally renowned instructors, such as official Ducati MotoGP test rider Michele Pirro, World Superbike champion Carlos Checa, two-time world champion Manuel Poggiali, official Ducati test rider Alessandro Valia, and a host of other champions led by Dario Marchetti
- Legendary racetracks such as Mugello and Misano
- Tuition methods that utilize advanced technology
- All-inclusive packages, thanks to a latest-generation bike pool and the availability of quality riding gear
Ducati Riding School’s newest edition is the Multistrada Techride course, dedicated to new Multistrada 1200 with Desmodromic Variable Timing (DVT).
Speaking of the new course, Ducati says “This is a full immersion riding course for touring and adventure enthusiasts. Held in the beautiful hills of Tuscany region, with base in Montepulciano (near Siena), the course program lasts a day and a half and focuses on road-specific techniques as well as teaching the basics of off-road riding.”
As for the racetrack, there is a new new Intro course for those who want to build up skill and motorcycle control. Ducati says the course, which uses the new Monster 821, takes place in the paddock and alternates individual practice sessions with theoretical lessons designed to illustrate the pillars, such as riding position, curves visualization, braking with ABS, and how to react in front of unexpected obstacles (the course does not include track sessions).
There is also a “Precision” course, which has a final session on the track. This course, which uses the Monster 1200, Hypermotard and Hyperstrada, is “for those looking to improve their on-road riding technique and enjoy a sports-oriented riding experience.”
As for the track courses, Ducati says there are four: Track Warm-Up, Track Evo, Master and Champs Academy.
“The first is for newcomers to the track, the second for those keen to improve their track riding technique; on both courses riders will be using the Ducati 899 Panigale. The Master course is for more experienced track users eager to maximise their performance. The Champs Academy offers a full day as a professional rider with a truly exceptional instructor: World Superbike Champion 2011 Carlos Checa. Master and Champs Academy course participants will ride the new 1299 Panigale S,” Ducati says.
2015 Ducati Riding Experience Calendar:
- May 8-10, Montepulciano (Multistrada Techride)
- May 11-13, Misano Adriatico
- June 15-17, Mugello
- July 3-5, Montepulciano (Multistrada Techride)
- July 14-16, Adria
- September 8-10, Mugello