Nolan N43E Trilogy Motorcycle Helmet Test
By Tate Bueno
One glance at the Nolan N43E Trilogy helmet, and there’s no doubting its styling. And since I was in the market for a multipurpose lid, I ordered one to see if it worked as well as it looked.
The N43E Trilogy Helmet is the revamped version of the N43, and has multiple upgrades and improvements. Although I did not get the N-Com system, the N43E arrives ready with a built in port to accept the N-Com communication device of your choosing.
The helmet is available in six solid colors, and can be configured into several different layouts from open face to full face in a matter of seconds. My personal favorite is the open face with just the detachable chinbar and a pair of sunglasses or goggles. I get the feeling of an open face with the added protection of the chinbar which has been redesigned for more room and now accepts a chin curtain (included).
I’ve donned the helmet around the city for a few months, and can say that it fits well and sizing is on par with my other helmets. The Nolan N43E has optimal visibility and quietness. I always ride with ear protection, and the noise from the N43E is no more than my other helmets within the same category/price range.
While the padding is not exactly as plush as some of my other helmets, it’s definitely comfortable, lightweight (3.25 lbs), and with the adjustable quick release retention system very easy to get on and off.
One area that I thought could use a little tweaking was the internal sun screen. It does not seem to come down far enough for my face and I find I have to pull it down manually to get the extra bit of coverage and improve visibility. While not optimal, it’s not a deal breaker for me.
With that said if you are in the market for good looking multipurpose helmet the N43E Trilogy helmet is a solid choice.
Nolan N43 Trilogy Motorcycle Helmet Specifications:
- Ready for N-COM communication system.
- New locking pivot kit mechanism, the shield can stay open in the intermediate position, guaranteeing greater comfort in the hot season and offering increased ease in removal and assembly.
- Fully removable and washable Clima Comfort interior on snaps and tabs is antibacterial, antifungal, and wicking with new air channels.
- New Quick-change shield is UV 400, optically correct, and fitted in an exceptionally large eye port with S/R (Scratch Resistant) and F/R (Fog Resistant) treatment.
- Shield comes equipped with Pinlock pins to attach included anti-fog insert.
- Innovative protective chin guard with quick tool-free removal, which passes the homologation tests for full-face helmets.
- Microlock (adjustable quick-release) retention system with velour chin strap padding.
- Internal VPS Sunscreen – short dark tint shield mounted on inside of the shell and moving independently from the clear shield with external operation. VPS also available in amber, light blue and light smoke.
- New ventilation system utilizing five separate air intakes/extractors, one front and two rear, and two upper, the exclusive ventilation system incorporated into the design is able to effectively direct three independent air-flows, adjustable even with gloves on.
- Includes removable visor.
- 6 in 1 design.
- DOT approved.
- Retail Price: $329.95
For additional information, visit Nolan Helmets.