2012 SWM AMA/NATC MotoTrials National Championship Round 2
Taking the lead four sections into Round 2 of the SWM AMA/NATC National MotoTrials Championship series at MotoVentures in Anza, Calif., former champion Cody Webb never relinquished the top spot as he won by a nail-biting 2-5 score over current #1, Pat Smage.
Section 2 was the undoing of Smage, as four of his day’s five dabs were taken there. With two rounds completed, Webb (from California on a Beta) and Smage (from Wisconsin on a Sherco) are tied for the series lead.
Thanks to a standout second loop on the dry and dusty sections, Arizona’s Bryan Roper rounded out the podium on his Sherco, scoring 46 points on the day, ten points ahead of fourth place Keith Wineland of Colorado on a Gas Gas. Karl Davis Jr. survived a late charge on his Sherco by local Southern California Trials Assn. rider Eric Storz to hold onto fifth.
Ray Peters of Texas continued his domination of the Expert class on a Beta, and the top Support rider for the day was Gas Gas-mounted Brad Hannon, another local rider.
Photography by Don Williams
MotoVentures SWM AMA-NATC MotoTrials National Series Results:
- Cody Webb – Beta – 2 points
- Pat Smage – Sherco – 5
- Bryan Roper – Sherco – 46
- Keith Wineland – Gas Gas – 56
- Karl Davis Jr. – Sherco – 74
Expert – Ray Peters (Beta)
- Expert 125 – Samuel Fastle (Sherco)
- Expert-Sportsman – Steve Deines (Gas Gas)
High School – Quinn Wentzel (Sherco)
- Women Expert-Sportsman – Louise Forsley (Sherco)
- Sportsman – Brad Hannon (Gas Gas)
Women – Rachel Hassler (Gas Gas)
- Senior 40 – Keith Busch (Gas Gas)
- Senior 45 – Kevin Busch (Gas Gas)
- Senior 50 – Thomas Hedwall (Gas Gas)
- Senior 55 – Michael Meschede (Sherco)
Senior 60 – Marvin Edgington (Gas Gas)
- Senior 65 – Dale Malasek (Gas Gas)
- Senior 70 – Bill de Garis (Gas Gas)
- Senior 75 – Bill Thomopson (GasGas)
- Clubman – Mark Franklin (Beta)
- Clubwoman – Laura Paugh (Sherco)
Twin Shock – Rick Daniel
Photos: Don Williams