2012 Aprilia USA
For 2012, Aprilia USA is out to change the customer experience, taking motorcycle enthusiasts for a “memorable ride” – both virtually and in real time.
These sites from Aprilia, a subsidiary of the Piaggio Group, will host many features, such as online trivia with user rewards, “action-packed videos,” and an infographic featuring company “firsts” and other race wins.
But it won’t stop at virtual marketing; Aprilia USA will also enhance real-time custom experience by initiating a test ride tour with the new Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC, claimed to be the fastest naked sportbike in its category.
Melissa R. MacCaull (Vice President, Aprilia Marketing) says: “To ride an Aprilia motorcycle is to fully understand what it is like to take race-proven technology, power and design and apply it to street bikes.
“We created a campaign that features riders of competitor brands speaking freely about their Aprilia experience. Their opinions, along with other digital and social elements, are designed to engage and inform visitors about our brand in visually impacting ways.”
The new microsite, Apriliamasters.com, was designed to engage and educate users about the Italian brand’s “superior technology, design and racing heritage.”
The microsite content includes:
- Rider experiences, filmed, of course, at the race track. Aprilia invited seasoned men and women riders who have a passion for riding and own multiple brands to Willow Springs, CA to experience – then share – their opinions about the latest Aprilia bikes
- Rider experience videos featuring the new Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC, RSV4 R APRC, Shiver 750 and Dorsoduro 1200
- An infographic that delivers all of Aprilia’s “firsts” – such as its current World Superbike speed record, its ground-breaking 65-degree V4 engine design and Aprilia Performance Ride Control (APRC) racing electronics technology
- A trivia quiz that tests visitor’s Aprilia IQ and lets participants earn a series of badges, plus invite friends to compete
- Fifty opportunities to win a coveted Aprilia SBK shirt
- Link to a brand-new Aprilia Americas Facebook page, facebook.com/ApriliaAmericas
To support the campaign, Aprilia will also launch a targeted digital campaign, including Google, Facebook and YouTube media.
As stated earlier, besides the online marketing Aprilia is also revamping its test rides. The company is sending individual Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC motorcycles to multiple dealers in every part of the country, from the southeast to the northwest, over the course of a three-month period.
Participating Aprilia dealers will have a Tuono V4 for about a two-week period to conduct as many test rides as possible.
For a complete list of dates and locations, and to engage with the new marketing campaign, visit apriliamasters.com.