2012 Star V Star 1300 | Preview
2012 Star Motorcycle
For 2012, Star returns with its famed mid-size modern classic – the V Star 1300. This machine features classic styling combined with an 80 ci (1304cc) fuel-injected V-Twin that has a wide power band.
The V Star 1300’s modern classic look has all the features that highlight Star Motorcycles, including the flange-less gas tank and two-into-one exhaust. And the V Star 1300 features cruiser classic necessities, such as steel fenders and a belt drive.
Regarding handling, the 2012 V Star 1300 is agile with easy maneuverability due to 48-percent of the bike’s weight being on the front wheel.
A great platform for customization, there are many Star Accessories available for the 2012 Star V Star 1300.
Following are the highlights, specs, color option and MSRP for the 2012 Star V Star 1300.
2012 Star V Star 1300 Highlights:
- 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled, single overhead cam 60-degree V-twin with dual counterbalancers offers plenty of smooth performance.
- Computer-controlled twin-barrel fuel injection provides optimal mixture whatever the temperature or altitude.
- Four valves per cylinder (36mm intake, 32mm exhaust) provide optimum combustion efficiency; roller rocker arms reduce friction for better performance and reduced wear.
- Ceramic composite cylinder sleeves contain 100mm forged pistons for excellent durability and longevity.
- 9.5:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing produce plenty of power across the board and a distinctive exhaust note.
- Forged connecting rods ride a single crankpin for true V-twin sound and power.
- Smooth-shifting five-speed transmission feeds power to an efficient, low-maintenance belt drive.
- Sly cooling system routes liquid through hidden hoses and internal engine passages for air-cooled looks and liquid-cooled performance. Oil filter is easy to get to but also tucked nearly out of sight for clean looks.
- Hydraulic cam chain tensioner reduces noise and maintenance.
- Steel cradle frame has four solid engine mounts-including one atop the front cylinder head-for maximum rigidity and excellent handling.
- Stylish, braced steel swingarm and rear wheel are controlled by a single linkage-mounted shock absorber, adjustable for spring preload.
- 41mm fork tubes with stainless covers look great and serve up a smooth, controlled ride.
- The shape of the seat has been designed with a "dish" shape for great comfort, and it allows riders to touch the ground easily.
- Flangeless fuel tank carries 4.9 gallons of fuel. Mounting the fuel pump in a separate, tucked-away sub-tank allows the thin tank design.
- Seven-spoke cast wheels and matching rear pulley mount fat, 16-inch tires for a cool period look albeit with big contact patches on the road.
- A pair of 298mm front brake discs provide excellent power and feel.
- Strong, light and low maintenance belt final drive routes power smoothly and efficiently to the rear wheel.
- Star quality paint, chrome and detailing vie for attention wherever you look; fenders are steel not plastic.
- A 3D tank emblem design adorns the V Star 1300 and evokes a modern-classic look.
- The V Star 1300 gets lot of chrome with a chrome headlight housing and chrome belt guard. Plus, there’s a gloss black finish on the frame that adds a high-quality look.
- Retro-modern bar-mounted instrumentation contains analog speedometer along with LCD display; indicator lights for high beam, turn signal, low oil level, low fuel, coolant temperature, neutral-and engine diagnostic function.
- Rider floorboards for comfort and room; heel/toe shifter makes moving through the five-speed gearbox a snap.
- Bright multireflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
- 02 sensor and catalyst reduce emissions.
2012 Star V Star 1300 Specs:
- Type: 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled V-twin; SOHC, 4 valves/cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 100.0 mm x 83.0 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive:Belt
- Frame: Double Cradle
- Suspension / Front: Telescopic fork; 5.3-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock; 4.3-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 298mm
- Tires / Front: 130/90-16M/C 67H
- Tires / Rear: 170/70B-16M/C 75H
- Wheels: 7-spoke aluminum
- Length: 98.0 in
- Width: 39.4 in
- Height: 45.1 in
- Seat Height: 27.2 in
- Wheelbase: 66.5 in
- Fuel Capacity: 4.9 gal
- Fuel Economy: 42 mpg
- Wet Weight: 668 lb
- Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2012 Star V Star 1300 Color Option/MSRP:
- Candy Red / $10,990