Stewart Talks Anaheim Supercross | Video
2011 AMA SX
The 2011 AMA Supercross series kick-started last night at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, Calif. Taking the win was Monster Energy Kawasaki rider Ryan Villopto, the 10th of his 450-class career.
Villopto was followed to the line by reigning Supercross Champion Ryan Dungey on the Rockstar Maktia Suzuki. Taking the last spot on the podium was two-time SX champ, San Manuel Yamaha rider James Stewart.
In this YouTube video, Stewart discusses the first SX race for 2011. Stewart, who missed most of last year’s season due to a wrist injury, had an impressive run on Saturday. He had mid-pack start to methodically work his way into podium position on Lap 12.
The series continues next Saturday at Chase Field in Phoenix, the same venue Stewart sustained his wrist injury at during the 2010 Supercross season.
2011 AMA Supercross Class Results: Anaheim 1
1. Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki
2. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki
3. James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Yamaha
4. Trey Canard, Shawnee, Okla., Honda
5. Chad Reed, Tampa, Fla., Honda
6. Kevin Windham, Centreville, Miss., Honda
7. Ivan Tedesco, Murrieta, Calif., Kawasaki
8. Brett Metcalfe, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Suzuki
9. Josh Grant, Riverside, Calif., Honda
10. Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, KTM