2011 Dakar Motorcycles | Stage 7 Video
Dakar Rally Video
Stage 7 brought the 2011 Dakar Rally from Arica to Antofagasta through 273-km of desert sands. This YouTube video highlights Sunday’s action at the Dakar.
The winner, Francisco "Chaleco" Lopez took the victory on an Aprilia 450, finishing 2:21 seconds ahead of KTM rider Cyril Despres. Following Despres was the other known KTM rider, Marc Coma.
The Dakar 2011 Stage win brings Lopez a bit closer, as his is now third in the overall standings, 18:27 seconds behind the leader Marc Coma; Despres trails Coma by 7:24 seconds.
On Monday for Stage 8 of Dakar 2011, the riders will travel 268 km of road, and a 508-km timed special as they pummel through the desert from Antofagasta – Copiapo.
2011 Dakar Rally Stage 7 Results
1. Francisco (Chaleco) Lopez, Chile, Aprilia, 3:29.45
2. Cyril Despres, Andorra, KTM, at 2:21
3. Marc Coma, Spain, KTM, at 3:45
4. Helder Rodrigues, Portugal, Yamaha, at 9:14
5. Ruben Faria, Portugal, KTM, 10:44
2011 Dakar Rally Standings after Stage 7
1. Marc Coma, Spain, KTM, 26:13:50
2. Cyril Despres, Andorra, KTM, at 7:24
3. Francisco (Chaleco) Lopez, Chile, Aprilia, 18:27
4. Helder Rodrigues, Portugal, Yamaha, at 33:04
5. Ruben Faria, Portugal, KTM at 40:53