2011 Suzuki DR650SE | Preview
When the road ends, some riders like to keep on charging ahead. It’s just these riders that Suzuki has always catered to with the DR650SE line of dual sport motorcycles, and the lightweight single-cylinder returns for 2011.
The 2011 Suzuki DR650SE combines off-road agility with smooth street performance, giving motorcyclists the freedom to ride where they want. The DR 650 SE engine has a counterbalancer for smooth operation on the streets, and much torque when that street disappears and the off-road fun begins.
- The DR650SE is equipped with a compact, 644cc, SOHC, four-stroke, air-cooled, single counterbalanced engine equipped with Suzuki Advanced Cooling System (SACS). Additional piston-jet cooling and engine oil cooler are also standard features. The engine is tuned with an emphasis on powerful performance at low-to-mid rpm range.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coated aluminum cylinder is used for durability, weight reduction and superior heat transfer.
- The DR650SE is equipped with a convenient electric starter (combined with a mechanical automatic decompression system for easy and quick starts). The system is powered by a lightweight and compact low-maintenance battery.
- A Mikuni 40mm “Slingshot” carburetor enhances throttle response and overall engine performance.
- A painted stainless-steel exhaust system is light and corrosion-resistant, and tuned specifically for strong low and midrange power.
- The DR650SE uses a lightweight, compact, rigid semi-double cradle frame that is built to provide excellent on/off road riding. Use of thin-wall/large-diameter tubing reduces weight while increasing frame rigidity.
- Front fork combines the best features of conventional and inverted designs: smooth and progressive action. Large diameter, thin-walled tubes reduce unsprung weight while maintaining high rigidity (with minimal below-axle extension).
- A link-type rear suspension with piggyback-style shock absorber and adjustable compression damping provides stable damping performance.
- Front and rear suspensions both provide long 260mm (10.2-inch) wheel travel for superb maneuverability.
- Lightweight 290mm (11.4-inch) front floating-disc brake with two-piston caliper and 240mm (9.4-inch) rear disc brake with two-piston caliper together provide reliable stopping power.
- Hollow type wheel axles and an aluminum swingarm offers less unsprung weight.
- The DR650SE’s short wheelbase and low seat height provide nimble dualsport performance. The seat height can be lowered 40mm (1.6 in) with suspension modifications performed by a dealer.
- The DR650SE comes with a full on-road lighting system with bright 60/55 watt halogen headlight; handlebar-mounted brushguards; special design tires with on/off road tread pattern fitted to 21-inch front and 17-inch rear wheel; and frame-mounted luggage rack for additional carrying capacity.
- The DR650SE comes with a wide-ratio 5-speed transmission with O-ring sealed final drive chain.
2011 DR650SE Motorcycle Specifications:
- Overall Length 2255 mm (88.8 in), Low 2235 (88.0 in)
- Overall Width 865 mm (34.1 in)
- Wheelbase 1490 mm (58.7 in), Low 1475 mm (58.1 in)
- Ground Clearance 265 mm (10.4 in), Low 225 mm (8.9 in)
- Seat Height 885 mm (34.8 in), Low 845 mm (33.0 in)
- Curb Weight 166 kg (366 lbs)
- Transmission 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive Chain, DID525V9, 110 links
- Suspension Front Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front Disc brake
- Brakes Rear Disc brake
- Tires Front 90/90-21 M/C 54S, tube type
- Tires Rear 120/90-17 M/C 64S, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity 13.0 L (3.4 US gallons)
- Fuel Tank Capacity CA 12.0 L (3.2 US gallons)
- Displacement 644cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled, single cylinder, OHC
- Fuel System MIKUNI BST40, single
- Starter Electric
- Ignition Electronic ignition (CDI)
- 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty