2011 Suzuki DR-Z400S | Preview
The 2011 Suzuki DR-Z400S has one goal in the dual-purpose world: excel on any type of road it’s thrown on.
Designed as off-road motorcycles should be, the DR-Z400S features an agile, lightweight chassis combined with a smooth motor.
And the best part about this enduro bike is that it will take you legally take you across town to your favorite trail, plus it has a handy electric starter.
- A narrow Chrome-moly steel frame is torsionally strong with minimal weight. The backbone tube, front down tube, and steering head gussets form the dry-sump engine oil tank. A bolt-on aluminum subframe helps reduce weight and simplify maintenance.
- Long travel, 49mm cartridge-style forks feature adjustable compression/rebound damping and adjustable spring preload for all types of on/off-road terrain.
- A fully adjustable progressive linkage rear shock absorber (spring preload/compression damping adjustable) and aluminum swingarm for precise rear wheel control.
- Sure stopping power is supplied by a 250mm front disc brake with dual-piston caliper, and a 220mm rear disc brake with a single-piston caliper.
- A magnesium-alloy clutch, magneto and cam covers contribute to weight reduction.
- Compact digital instrument cluster with speedometer, odometer, twin-trip meters with addition/subtraction capability, clock, timer and stopwatch functions.
- On-road legal lighting with bright 60/55 watt H4 halogen headlight, compact tail/stoplight, lightweight, rubber-mounted turn signals and horn.
A pouch on the rear fender carries tool kit and the owner’s manual.
- The DR-Z400S comes with a compact design, 398cc, DOHC, liquid-cooled, dry-sump engine that produces strong low-rpm power. Its compact 4-valve cylinder head features 36mm intake valves and 29mm exhaust valves.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Materials (SCEM) cylinder for durability, weight reduction and superior heat transfer.
- Forged aluminum piston is 10 percent lighter than a cast piston and receives additional oil-cooling to the piston crown through a crankcase oil jet.
- Smooth throttle response with a Mikuni BSR36 CV-type carburetor fed by 6-liter airbox. The left side cover has quick-release fasteners for easy access to the air filter.
Digitally mapped DC-CDI system monitors throttle position/engine rpm and adjusts ignition timing to maintain efficient combustion.
- The DR-Z400S has electric start with a lightweight starter motor and a compact 6.5 amp maintenance-free battery.
- A compact 5-speed transmission utilizes a cable-operated clutch with separate outer cover for simplified clutch maintenance.
2011 DR-Z400S Motorcycle Specifications:
- Overall Length 2310 mm (90.9 in)
- Overall Width 875 mm (34.4 in)
- Wheelbase 1485 mm (58.5 in)
- Ground Clearance 300 mm (11.8 in)
- Seat Height 935 mm (36.8 in)
- Curb Weight 144 kg (317 lbs)
- Transmission 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive Chain, RK520KZ0, 112 links
- Suspension Front Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front Disc brake
- Brakes Rear Disc brake
- Tires Front 80/100-21 M/C 51P, tube type
- Tires Rear 120/90-18 M/C 65P, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity 10.0 L (2.6 US gallons)
- Fuel Tank Capacity CA 9.5 L (2.5 US gallons)
- Displacement 398cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, DOHC
- Fuel System MIKUNI BSR36, single
- Starter Electric
- Ignition Electronic ignition (CDI)
- 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty