2011 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS | Preview
V-Strom 650 ABS Preview
Known for its rugged character without the extra weight of its older sibling, the V-Strom 650 ABS returns for 2011.
As always, the 2011 mid-sized adventure tourer is loaded with features that provide the rider with much versatility, creating a go anywhere sport enduro tourer.
The V-Strom 650 ABS motorcycle will be offered in two colors: black or white.
2011 Adventure Motorcycle:
- The V-Strom 650 ABS comes with an Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) for optimum braking performance. Dual front disc brakes with large 310mm rotors and twin-piston calipers, plus single-disc rear brake with 260mm rotor and single-piston caliper.
- V-Strom motorcycles arei equipped with a 645cc, 90-degree V-twin, DOHC, eight-valve, liquid-cooled engine with dual-spark plug heads for improved combustion and reduced emissions.
- Suzuki’s class-leading electronic fuel injection features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve System (SDTV), which maintains optimum air velocity in the intake tract for smooth low-to-mid rpm throttle response.
- The V-Strom 650ABS comes with a high-efficiency liquid cooling system to provide optimum engine operating temperature (the motorcycle also comes with a compact oil cooler).
- Suzuki Pulsed Air-Injection (PAIR) system reduces CO and HC emissions. A California model is equipped with a catalyst in the exhaust to further reduce emissions.
- The V-Strom 650 ABS has a high-mounted stainless steel exhaust system with aluminum muffler is tuned to enhance engine torque and low-to-midrange performance.
- An aluminum twin-spar frame and aluminum swingarm are lightweight, compact and rigid. A bolt-on sub-frame simplifies maintenance.
- The V-Strom 650 ABS comes with a preload-adjustable 43mm front fork, which provides a comfortable ride under all riding conditions.
- The link-type rear suspension features a single shock absorber with adjustable rebound damping and a knob-operated hydraulic preload adjuster for easy adjustment.
- The V-Strom 650 features a slim and compact front fairing for maximum wind protection, plus a large comfortable seat. The fairing includes large multi-reflector 60/55W headlights and a height-adjustable windshield for maximum wind protection and comfort.
- The V-Strom 650 ABS has a large 5.8 gallon fuel tank for long-range operation.
- A large rear luggage rack with rubber-padded platform helps keep bags and luggage in place.
- The V-Strom 650 ABS is equipped with a smooth shifting 6-speed transmission with cable operated clutch.
2011 V-Strom 650 Motorcycle Specifications:
- Overall Length 2290 mm (90.2 in)
- Overall Width 840 mm (33.1 in)
- Wheelbase 1555 mm (61.2 in)
- Ground Clearance 165 mm (6.5 in)
- Seat Height 820 mm (32.3 in)
- Curb Weight 220 kg (485 lbs)
- Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive Chain, DID525V8, 118 links
- Suspension Front Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front Disc brake, twin
- Brakes Rear Disc brake
- Tires Front 110/80R19 M/C 59H, tubeless
- Tires Rear 150/70R17 M/C 69H, tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity 22.0 L (5.8 US gallons)
- Displacement 645cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90 V-twin
- Fuel System Suzuki fuel injection
- Starter Electric
- Ignition Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty