2015 BMW Motorrad UK Sales ReportBMW Motorrad UK has reported another record-breaking year for new motorcycle registrations. The Company has reached new sales highs with 8,478 new BMW motorcycles rolling out of UK showroom floors in 2015.The Motorcycle Industry Association official year-end registration numbers show BMW Motorrad UK as the market leader for motorcycles over 500cc and the combined sales for the R 1200 GS, as well as the R 1200 GS Adventure, make it the most popular model over the 125cc class.
With the recent economic downturn still impacting many global purchasers, things do seem to be picking up according to strong growth in the UK, European and North American Markets. BMW Motorrad had its best ever global sales in 2015, with 135,000 units sold.Here are some 2015 sales highlights from BMW Motorrad:Total Registrations (UK):
- 2015 was BMW Motorrad UK’s most successful year ever for new motorcycle registrations.
- Sales increased by 22% from 6,959 in 2014 to 8,487 in 2015.
- BMW Motorrad UK sales outperformed the market which grew by 15.8% in 2016.
- R 1200 GS is BMW’s best-selling model with 1,407 sold.
- R 1200 GS Adventure is in second place with 1,292.
- Combined R 1200 GS and Adventure sales in the UK saw 2,699 making the GS the best-selling powered two-wheeler overall.
- BMW models account for 28% of the adventure sector.
- S 1000 RR is the UK’s favorite supersport model over 125cc with 859 sold.
- The S 1000 RR outsold its nearest class rival by 40%.
- R 1200 RT is the best-selling touring motorcycle with 719 sold.
- BMW models account for 54% of the touring sector.
- BMW Motorrad UK Market share over 500cc has continued to grow and is now 16.8% – the highest ever for the brand.
- BMW Motorrad UK is the most popular brand over 500cc
- This puts BMW Motorrad as the third most popular brand in the overall powered two-wheeler market.
- Market share has increased from 7.5% in 2007 to 16.8% in 2015, a 66% increase over the period.
- BMW Group has achieved a new all-time sales high for the fifth year in succession.
- A new record of 136,963 BMW motorcycles sold (up from 123,495).
- BMW Motorrad experienced growth in all markets worldwide and was the market leader in 26 countries in the premium segment of motorcycles over 500 cc.