Repsol Honda’s Bou Finishes X-Trial Championship Unbeaten
2013 FIM X-Trial World Championship
Repsol Montesa Honda’s Toni Bou is unstoppable in the FIM X-Trial World Championship. The Spaniard repeated his performances of the past two years, winning the 2013 X-Trial title unbeaten.
The latest domination arrived this weekend at the fifth and final round of the X-Trial Championship in Nice, France. Heading into the round, Bou had already secured his seventh consecutive title in the series. He then took his 36th career victory, equaling the record set by Dougie Lampkin.
With this result, Toni Bou increased his consecutive wins tally to 21 of a total of 56 rounds. Joining Bou on the France X-Trial podium was Gas Gas’ Adam Raga and Beta’s Jeroni Fajardo.
Toni Bou (Repsol Montesa Honda) says: “We could not ask for more, two wins the first two rounds using the new engine is completely satisfactory. We had some problems in Qualifying, but in the semi-final I was already able to defend myself.
“This success feels great. I have no words to express my feelings after these 21 consecutive victories and these three years unbeaten in this Championship, which, as I said some times before, is my favorite. I feel very proud to have reached such results and to have such a good team around me.”
The FIM Outdoor Trial World Championship (not indoor X-Trial) will start with the Japanese Grand Prix April 27-28.
2013 FIM X-Trial World Championship Nice, France, Results:
1. Toni Bou (Repsol Montesa Honda) 5 points
2. Adam Raga (Gas Gas) 6 points
3. Jeroni Fajardo (Beta) 17 points
4. Albert Cabestany (Sherco) 19 points
5. Matteo Grattarola (Gas Gas) 8 points
6. Takahisa Fujinami (Repsol Montesa Honda) 12 points
2013 FIM X-Trial World Championship Point Standings:
1. Toni Bou (Repsol Montesa Honda) 100 points
2. Adam Raga (Gas Gas) 58 points
3. Albert Cabestany (Sherco) 51 points
4. Jeroni Fajardo (Beta) 51 points
5. Takahisa Fujinami (Repsol Montesa Honda) 39 points