AMA SuperBike | 2012 Final Point Standings
AMA SuperBike | 2012 Final Points
Three-time AMA Pro National Guard SuperBike king Josh Hayes closed out his epic 2012 campaign in fitting style. The Monster Energy Graves Yamaha superstar notched up one last blowout victory to put the finishing touches on the season in front of his home crowd at NOLA Motorsports Park in New Orleans.
Hayes tore off from pole and blitzed to his 16th win of the season, far and away the most attained in a single-season in the 30-plus year history of the championship. The Mississippian worked his advantage into double digits before easing to the last checkered flag of 2012 with a 9.194-second margin of victory.
Along with posting the record for most wins in a season, Hayes also established the new mark for most consecutive wins (ten), tied the record for most consecutive poles (eleven) and most poles in a season (ten). He also moved into a tie for second with most SuperBike titles (three), and surpassed Miguel DuHamel to grab sole possession of second-place on the all-time SuperBike wins list (33).
Josh Hayes (Monster Energy/Graves Yamaha YZF-R1 SuperBike) says: "It was the perfect way to end an incredible year. A lot of fans and friends came out and I’m glad I was able to do a good job in front of them. I think we are showoffs and we tend to do some of our best work when people are around. It was just an awesome weekend – I had a lot of fun."
2012 AMA Pro National Guard SuperBike Final Point Standings:
1. Josh Hayes, Monster Energy/Graves Yamaha YZF-R1: 580 points
2. Blake Young, Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R 1000: 426, -154
3. Roger Hayden, Jordan Suzuki GSX-R1000: 314, -266
4. Josh Herrin, Monstery Energy/Graves Yamaha YZF-R1: 307, -273
5. Geoff May, Team AMSOIL EBR 1190RS: 277, -303
6. Ben Bostrom, Jordan Suzuki GSX-R 1000: 271, -309
7. Larry Pegram, Foremost Insurance/Pegram Racing BMW S1000RR: 260, -320
8. Danny Eslick, Team Hero EBR 1190RS: 242, -338
9. Steve Rapp, Attack Performance Kawasaki ZX-10R: 216, -364
10. Chris Ulrich, M4 Roadracing World Suzuki GSX-R 1000: 186, -394