The next racing events at DIS are the AMA Pro Flat Track double-header Thursday and Friday evening, before the AMA Pro Racing competition (Superbike, Sportbike, Supersport, XR1200) begins Saturday, highlighted by the 71st running of the Daytona 200.But besides the typical on-track racing events during Daytona 200 Week, Daytona International Speedway will also host many other activities, including demo rides and a marketplace.Following are some non-race events at Daytona International Speedway:
- Free demo rides: Outside of the famous Daytona International Speedway, motorcycle enthusiasts can test-ride the latest and greatest motorcycles with free demo rides from top manufacturers. Riders must have a DOT-approved helmet and motorcycle endorsement on their driver’s license in order to demo.
- Daytona Motorcycle Marketplace: Bikers can find the nation’s top parts, accessories and apparel companies all in one place at the Daytona Motorcycle Marketplace located throughout the display areas.
- Thunder Alley: Head to Thunder Alley and kick back with your friends as you enjoy a cold Budweiser and great food at the Budweiser Cool Your Pipes Zone. Located outside Turn 4, Thunder Alley will also showcase entertainment, games and contests.
- Bikini contest: The annual Hooters bikini contest and fashion show sponsored by Hot Leathers is back and will take place in Thunder Alley at 1 p.m. on Saturday, March 17.
- Spring Dash: Experience the ride of a lifetime – two laps around Daytona International Speedway’s 3.56-mile road course. Tackle the historic twists and turns in the seventh annual Spring Dash Around Daytona on Saturday, March 17 immediately after the Daytona 200. Tickets are $30 per bike.