2012 Daytona 200 Week
Daytona 200 Week gets underway this Saturday with Round 10 of the 2012 AMA Supercross Championship at Daytona International Speedway (DIS), where the SX grid will compete on a track designed by Motocross legend Ricky Carmichael.
The next racing events at DIS are the AMA Pro Flat Track double-header Thursday and Friday evening, before the AMA Pro Racing competition (Superbike, Sportbike, Supersport, XR1200) begins Saturday, highlighted by the 71st running of the Daytona 200.
But besides the typical on-track racing events during Daytona 200 Week, Daytona International Speedway will also host many other activities, including demo rides and a marketplace.
Following are some non-race events at Daytona International Speedway:
- Free demo rides: Outside of the famous Daytona International Speedway, motorcycle enthusiasts can test-ride the latest and greatest motorcycles with free demo rides from top manufacturers. Riders must have a DOT-approved helmet and motorcycle endorsement on their driver’s license in order to demo.
- Daytona Motorcycle Marketplace: Bikers can find the nation’s top parts, accessories and apparel companies all in one place at the Daytona Motorcycle Marketplace located throughout the display areas.
- Thunder Alley: Head to Thunder Alley and kick back with your friends as you enjoy a cold Budweiser and great food at the Budweiser Cool Your Pipes Zone. Located outside Turn 4, Thunder Alley will also showcase entertainment, games and contests.
- Bikini contest: The annual Hooters bikini contest and fashion show sponsored by Hot Leathers is back and will take place in Thunder Alley at 1 p.m. on Saturday, March 17.
- Spring Dash: Experience the ride of a lifetime – two laps around Daytona International Speedway’s 3.56-mile road course. Tackle the historic twists and turns in the seventh annual Spring Dash Around Daytona on Saturday, March 17 immediately after the Daytona 200. Tickets are $30 per bike.
For more information on the activities off the track during Daytona 200 Week, visit daytonainternationalspeedway.com or call 1-800-PITSHOP.