2013 Victory Judge | Preview
2013 Victory Motorcycle
As part of Victory’s itinerary to roll out a new model every six months, the American company released its latest creation Friday at the New York City International Motorcycle Show – the Judge.
One glance at the Judge and it’s undeniably Victory. The machine features unique elements and horsepower typical of the Victory brand, but with styling cues directly from the muscle-car era, such as the deeply cut lines, paint offerings (Gloss Black, Sunset Red, Suede Nuclear Sunset) and 16-inch five-spoke mag wheels.
But Victory didn’t just rehash an old chassis with some new styling; there’s more than just appearance on the Judge. The team at the Polaris-owned company created a machine that’s ready to cut through the local canyons and twisties with ease due to some ergonomic enhancements and a lower center of gravity.
Speaking of the Judge’s agility, Victory says “A Judge rider is in an engaged riding position, on top of the action, and in total command of the bike. The mid-mount lower controls create comfortable, confidence-inspiring ergonomics. A rider’s intuitive, natural leaning produces easy, responsive handling. Roll smoothly through tight turns and carve twisties on the gas as the premium suspension and semi- floating brake rotors blend into seamless performance.”
Part of this “engaged riding position” arrives from rearward controls, a 25.9-inch seat height and the drag bars. When sitting on the Judge, these elements are immediately noticed, offering confidence for riders of all stature.
Powering the Judge is Victory’s famed powerhouse – the Freedom 106/6 V-Twin that produces 113 ft. lbs. of torque. The engine features single-overhead camshafts with four-valves per cylinder, self-adjusting cams and hydraulic lifters for ease of maintenance.
The 106 also features Electronic Fuel Injection with a dual, 45mm throttle body for crisp throttle response.
The engine is hooked to a 6-speed transmission; speaking of the transmission, Victory says “the true overdrive of 6th gear delivers smooth highway cruising, and a positive neutral finder simplifies the stoplight to stoplight battles.” The rider will enjoy many stoplight battles also due to the Judge’s 4.5-gallon gas tank.
The 2013 Victory Judge rolls on 16 X 3.5 inch rims with Dunlop Elite II tires with raised white lettering to further enhance the muscle-car styling. Stopping the Judge is a single, 300mm disc up front squeezed by a four-piston caliper, and a single 300mm disc out back squeezed by a two-piston caliper.
And besides the sculpted bodywork, the Judge’s aggressive looks are enhanced with minimal badging, Victory’s signature headlight and side covers, and a host of blacked-out items, including the frame, dual exhaust, triple trees, cases, and cylinder heads.
Wrapping up the concept behind its new machine, Victory says “the all-new Victory Judge presides where American V-Twin power intersects with dynamic muscle bike styling that only Victory can deliver. The Judge opens a new chapter of outstanding Victory cruiser performance. It serves up incredible handling and street-dominating power for a phenomenal riding experience.”
Following are the specs, color options and MSRP for the 2013 Victory Judge, which will be available in dealers this spring.
2013 Victory Judge Specs:
- Type: 4-Stroke 50° V-Twin
- Cooling System: Air / Oil
- Displacement: 106 ci / 1731 cc
- Bore X Stroke: 101 x 108 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.4 : 1
- Valve Train: Single Overhead Camshafts with 4 Valves per Cylinder, Self-adjusting Cam Chains, Hydraulic Lifters
- Fuel System: Electronic Fuel Injection with Dual 45 mm Throttle Body
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal / 17.0 ltr
- Exhaust: Staggered Slash-cut Dual Exhaust with Crossover
- Clutch: Wet, Multi-plate
- Transmission: 6-speed Overdrive Constant Mesh
- Final Drive: Carbon Fiber Reinforced Belt
- Length: 92.0 in / 2337 mm
- Wheelbase: 64.8 in / 1647 mm
- Seat Height: 25.9 in / 658 mm
- Ground Clearance: 4.7 in / 120 mm
- Rake/Trail: 31.7° / 6.7 in / 170 mm
- Dry Weight: – 660 lbs / 300 kg
- Front Suspension Type: Conventional Telescopic Fork
- Front Suspension Travel: 5.1 in / 130 mm
- Rear Suspension Type: Single Shock Absorber / Cast Aluminum Swingarm with Rising Rate Linkage (preload-adjustable spring)
- Rear Suspension Travel: 3.0 in / 75 mm
- Front Brake: Single 300mm Floating Rotor with 4-piston Caliper
- Rear Brake: Single 300mm Floating Rotor with 2-piston Caliper
- Wheels: Front 16 x 3.5 in / Rear 16 x 3.5 in
- Tires: Front 130/90 B16 67H Dunlop 491 Elite II-RWL; Rear 140/90 B16 77H Dunlop 491 Elite II-RWL
2013 Victory Judge Color Options/MSRP:
- Gloss Black / $13,999
- Suede Nuclear Sunset / $14,399
- Sunset Red / $14,399