2012 MV Agusta Motorcycle
The MV Agusta Brutale name has become synonymous with utmost performance in the world of naked sportbikes. From the all-new 675 to the 920 and finally the 1090, the Brutale has proven its naked high-performance merit over and over again.
But for 2012, MVA wanted even more, the Italian exotic motorcycle manufacturer releasing the Brutale RR 1090, which carries the tagline “A Superbike without Fairings.”
And this tagline is backed due to the 1078cc inline four that produces 158 horsepower and no-nonsense naked sportbike styling.
MV Agusta says: “The 1078cc four-cylinder engine with radial intake and exhaust valves offers the highest power output ever by a Brutale. New camshafts, new intake tracts, new throttle bodies (same bore diameter as the F4) all contribute to the record power level of 116,5 kW (158 hp) at 11.900 rpm.”
Along with this high horsepower arrives the latest in superbike technology, which includes traction control with eight levels, new engine mapping and a slipper clutch.
As for the chassis, MVA says the Brutale RR 1090’s is “worthy of an authentic superbike without fairings, the ultra- light CrMo steel tube chassis that is hand welded (TIG) with adjustable steering geometry that allows the rider to adapt the geometry to their personal needs.
“Logically, a superbike needs to have the best suspension available: Marzocchi 50mm USD front forks with DLC coating and dedicated valving for the Brutale RR 1090 together with a Sachs single shock with high and low speed compression adjusters along with rebound and spring pre-load adjusters.”
Stopping the 2012 MV Agusta 1090 RR Brutale are Brembo monobloc front brake calipers, the same ones offered on the F4RR, with 320mm rotors, and a single 220mm out back. The Brutale 1090 RR rolls on forged-aluminum, 17-inch wheels that weight over two pounds less than cast, helping to reduce unsprung mass.
Regarding styling, MV Agusta says: “The new Brutale RR 1090 offers an extremely high level of fit and finish including a projector beam headlight with incorporated LED position lights, LED front turn signals incorporated into the rear-view mirrors and LED rear turn signals.”
Following are the specs, color options and MSRP for the 2012 MV Agusta Brutale 1090 RR.
2012 MV Agusta Brutale RR 1090 Specs:
- Type: Four cylinder, 4 stroke, 16 valve
- Timing system: DOHC radial valve
- Total displacement: 1078 cm3 (65.78 cu. in.)
- Compression ratio: 13:1
- Bore x stroke: 79mm x 55mm(3.1in. x 2.2in.)
- Cooling system: Cooling with separated liquid and oil radiators
- Engine management system: Magneti Marelli IAW 5SM ignition – injection integrated system with Mikuni throttle body; induction discharge electronic ignition; sequential timed “Multipoint” electronic injection
- Clutch: Wet, multi-disc with mechanical anti- surging device
- Transmission: Cassette style; six speed, constant mesh
- Primary drive: 50/79
- Gear ratio: First gear: 13/38 107.2 km/h (66.7 mph) at 12200 r.p.m.; Second gear: 16/34 147.5 km/h (91.7 mph) at 12200 r.p.m; Third gear: 18/32 176.3 km/h (109.5 mph) at 12200 r.p.m.; Fourth gear: 20/30 208.9 km/h (129.8 mph) at 12200 r.p.m.; Fifth gear: 22/29 237.7 km/h (147.7 mph) at 12200 r.p.m.; Sixth gear: 19/23 265.0 km/h (164.5 mph) at 12200 r.p.m
- Final drive ratio: 15/43
- Wheelbase: 1438 mm (56.61 in.)
- Overall length: 2093 mm (82.40 in.)
- Overall width: 760 mm (29.92 in.)
- Saddle height: 830 mm (32.68 in.)
- Min. ground clearance: 150 mm (5.91 in.)
- Trail: 103,5 mm (4.07 in.)
- Dry weight: 183 kg (403.5 lbs)
- Fuel tank capacity: 23 l (6.07 U.S. gal.)
- Frame: CrMo Steel tubular trellis (TIG hand welded)
- Front Suspension: “UPSIDE – DOWN” telescopic hydraulic fork with rebound-compression damping and spring preload external and separated adjustment; diameter, 50 mm (1.97 in.); travel, 125 mm (4.92 in.)
- Rear Suspension: Progressive, single shock absorber with rebound and compression (High speed/Low speed) damping and spring preload adjustment; single-sided swingarm; travel, 120 mm (4.72 in.).
- Front: Double floating disc with Ø 320 mm (Ø 12.6 in.) diameter, with steel braking disc and aluminum flange Brembo Radial-type, monobloc with 4 pistons Ø 34 mm (Ø 1.34 in.)
- Rear: Single steel disc with Ø 210 mm (Ø 8.27 in.) dia. With 4 pistons – Ø 25.4 mm (Ø 1.00 in.)
- Front: Forged aluminum alloy 3,50 ” x 17 “
- Rear: Forged aluminum alloy 6,00 ” x 17 “
- Front: 120/70 – ZR 17 M/C (58 W)
- Rear: 190/55 – ZR 17 M/C (75 W)
- Max. horse power (at the crankshaft): 156 HP at 11900 RPM
- Max. torque: 73 ft. lbs. at 10100 rpm
- Max. speed: 164.5 mph
2012 MV Agusta Brutale 1090 RR Color Options/MSRP:
- America /$25,900
- Red/Silver /$25,900
- Matt Magno Grey/Matt Black / $25,900