Freestyle Motocross rider Travis Pastranas and AGV have teamed up to offer a new AX-8 helmet, the TP199.
The helmet has graphics representing the team Pastranas rides with, the Nitro Circus freestyle motocross crew.
AGV says: "The asymmetry in the paint design, between the left and the right side, represent Travis's constant movement and creativity in sports, his strong inability to sit still. The lightning bolt on the right side of the helmet is Travis's salute to a motocross legend who inspired a wide open riding style and always get back up mentality."
Following are some details of this all-new AGV motorcycle helmet:
AGV TP199 Helmet Tech Data:
• Outer shell in 3 sizes with SSL layering (fibreglass, Kevlar, Carbon)
• IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) ventilation with numerous channels formed directly in the outer shell for more efficacious airflow inside the helmet and better aerodynamic performance
• 5 front air vents, 2 side vents on the chin guard, and 2 rear extractors
• Easily removable chin vents can be replaced without tools and are interchangeable with those for the AX-8 Dual helmet
• Completely removable and washable internal padding (including the flap over the strap, with cheek pads designed for use with motocross goggles.
• The Dri-Lex fabrics have been provided with sanitizing treatment. The fixed part of the cheek pads is covered in easily washable soft plastic material
• Adjustable peak
• Fastening system with Double D strap
• Sizes: XXS-XXXL
• Weight: 1,340 g +/- 50 g. (size M)
AGV TP199 Helmet Design
The design is pure AGV style with an evident family feeling in the front air vents and the rear extractors that recall both those in the on-road and MT-X versions. The helmet differs significantly from others in the market today thanks to the chin guard with immediate aesthetic impact characterized by its large steel grille that protects the highly assertive front air vent that makes the AX-8 instantly recognizable especially during races regardless of the helmet's graphics or track conditions.
AGV TP199 Helmet Shell
The AX-8 is available in 3 outer shell sizes with sizes that run from XXS to XXL. The outer shell vaunts SSL layering made in Carbon, Kevlar and fibreglass in order to keep weight low while ensuring the maximum safety.
AGV TP199 Helmet Ventilation
The integrated IVS ventilation system consists of channels formed directly in the outer shell that ensure more efficacious airflow inside the shell and better aerodynamic performance. The front air events, the vents on the visor edge and on the chin guard permit constant flow of fresh air inside the helmet. The rear extractors carry away all the moist warm air from inside the helmet through the channels in the EPS.
AGV TP199 Helmet Internal Padding
The internal padding in breathable Dri-Lex material has been provided with sanitizing treatment and is completely removable and washable, including the flap on the strap in order to ensure constantly perfect hygiene inside the helmet, an item that is always subjected to harsh use. For the same reason, the visor area features soft covers in plastic, which unlike fabric does not absorb moisture and can be easily washed with a sponge or a brush. The internal padding in the visor opening area has been studied for a perfect fit even when wearing motocross goggles.
AGV TP199 Helmet Practicality / Safety
The chin vents can be easily removed without tools and are sized for both ideal airflow and complete chin protection (in other helmets, the wearer's chin protrudes from the helmet's profile due to the chin guard's reduced height). Despite the large aperture that can be seen from the shape of the outer grill, beneath it stands a sturdy structure in fibre that offers the best compromise between airflow capacity and mechanical strength. The chin vents on the AX-8 are interchangeable with those on the AX-8 Dual. The peak, with its outer screws in aluminium is easily adjustable thanks to the central plastic screw beneath it. The fastening system vaunts DD closing with a double ring. The helmet weighs just 1,340 g (+/- 50 g.) in M size.