2011 AMA Motocross Video
When the action was complete at the opening round of the 2011 AMA Motocross Championship, two men left Hangtown tied in the point standings: the reigning MX Champ Ryan Dungey and Chad Reed.
Dungey piloted his Rockstar Makita Suzuki RMZ450F to the win in Moto 1, followed by Reed and the 2011 AMA Supercross Champion Ryan Villopoto (Monster Energy Kawasaki KX450F).
In the second Moto, the battle came down to these three again, but Reed ended up taking the checkered flag. The Australian was joined on the podium by Dungey and Villopoto, respectively.
Here’s a video of all the highlights at Hangtown, Round 1 of 12 in the 2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship.
2011 Hangtown AMA Motocross 450 Results (Moto 1, Moto2)
1. Chad Reed, Australia, Honda (2-1)
2. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki (1-2)
3. Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki (3-3)
4. Kevin Windham, Centreville, Miss., Honda (6-4)
5. Brett Metcalfe, Australia, Honda (5-5)
6. Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Honda (4-7)
7. Tommy Hahn, Decatur, Texas, Yamaha (8-8)
8. Christophe Pourcel, France, Yamaha (7-11)
9. Ricky Dietrich, Menifee, Calif., Yamaha (11-9)
10. Christian Craig, Hemet, Calif., Honda (14-10)