2011 Monza World Supersport Results
For the second consecutive round, Yamaha ParkinGO Team rider Chaz Davies piloted his YZF-R6 to victory. This weekend Davies took this week’s win in Italy after 16 laps of the Monza circuit.
Joining Davies on the podium was his teammate Luca Scassa and Hannspree Ten Kate Honda’s Fabiet Foret, who finished 7.9 seconds behind Davies.
Behind the podium places, a race-long fight between four riders saw Broc Parkes (Kawasaki Motocard.com), Sam Lowes (Parkalgar Honda), Roberto Tamburini (Bike Service RT Yamaha) and Florian Marino (Hannspree Ten Kate Honda) complete the top seven places.
In the 2011 World Supersport championship Davies and Scassa are tied on 70 points each, with Parkes third on 60.
Chaz Davies (Yamaha ParkinGO Team) says: “I hadn’t won a race in World Supersport and now two in a row — that’s a pretty amazing feeling. I just can’t say enough good things about my Yamaha and my team, everything has been perfect since Friday. I was pretty confident all weekend that I had the perfect race package and I’m delighted with the win. I am really happy with my bike and the results I have achieved so far.”
Luca Scassa (Yamaha ParkinGO Team) says: “Chaz was just perfect this weekend. He was too fast for me to catch up with him today so I’m very pleased with my second place finish. I made a mistake in qualifying yesterday, so maybe if that hadn’t happened I could possibly have done better today, but who knows! The team did a great job all weekend.
I sincerely want to apologize to my team, Yamaha and Infront Motorsports for making the mistake of riding the Misano circuit while not being allowed according to the rules. I didn’t get any advantage from it, but now I realize it is clearly not allowed and was a stupid mistake to make. The only thing I can do now is concentrate on race wins in the rounds to come and compensate for not being able to score points in Misano.”
2011 Monza World Supersport Results:
1. Chaz Davies, GB, Yamaha YZF-R6, 16 laps, 29:05.363
2. Luca Scassa, Italy, Yamaha YZF-R6, -4.734 seconds
3. Fabien Foret, France Honda CBR600RR, -7.977
4. Broc Parkes, Australia, Kawasaki ZX-6R, -19.246
5. Sam Lowes, Great Britain, Honda CBR600RR, -19.882
6. Roberto Tamburini, Italy, Yamaha YZF-R6, -20.148
7. Florian Marino, France, Honda CBR600RR, -21.090
8. David Salom, Spain, Kawasaki ZX-6R, -31.595
9. Massimo Rolloli, Italy, Kawasaki ZX-6R, -31.599
10. Ondrej Jezek, Czech Republic, Honda CBR600RR, -35.215