For 2012, Honda has revamped the motor of its popular CRF250R, giving the motocross machine a wider powerband and additional low-end and mid-range torque.
To achieve these gains, the 2012 Honda CRF250R features a new cylinder head, camshaft and 46mm throttle body for “a right-now hit of power.”
Honda says the 2012 CRF250R also features some updated suspension, longer and wider footpegs and arrives stock with Dunlop’s premium MX51 tires.
Honda CRF250R: New for 2012
- New cylinder head, camshaft and 46mm throttle body produce a broadened powerband featuring more low-end and midrange torque.
- Updated suspension settings front and rear for improved tracking and more precise handling.
- New footpegs are wider and longer for more support, and are now silver color.
- New front axle collars add rigidity to the front end, increasing steering precision.
2012 Honda CRF250R Specs:
- Engine Type:
- Bore and Stroke: 76.8mm x 53.8mm
- Compression ratio: 13.2:1
- Valve Train: Unicam, four-valve; 30.5mm intake, titanium; 25mm exhaust, steel
- Induction: PGM-FI, 50mm throttle body
- Ignition: Full transistor with electronic advance
- Transmission: Close-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: #520 chain; 13T/49T
- Suspension Front: 48mm inverted Showa 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability; 12.2 inches travel
- Rear: Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload, 17-position rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 12.5 inches travel
- Tires: Dunlop MX51
- Front tire: 80/100 x 21
- Rear tire: 100/90 x 19
- Front brake: Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear brake: Single 240mm disc
- Wheelbase: 58.6 inches
- Rake: 27.1 degrees
- Trail: 117mm 4.6 inches
- Seat height: 37.6 inches
- Ground clearance: 12.8 inches
- Fuel capacity: 1.5 gallons
- Color: Red
- Curb weight: 227 pounds
- Pricing: TBD