2012 Honda CRF450R | Preview
Honda released another squad of 2012 motorcycles Monday, including the CRF450R. The 2012 Honda CRF450R features a list of improvements for all-out motocross domination.
The 2012 CRF 450 R, which will be released in July 2012, features a “stiffer fork outer tube among other refinements bring a more solid feel to the front end, and stiffer fork springs, revised suspension settings front and rear plus a new shock linkage yield improved tracking, more precise handling and added rider confidence over rough terrain.”
The Honda CRF450R also coumes with wider and longer footpegs and Dunlop’s MX51 tires.
Honda CRF450R: New for 2012
- New, stiffer fork outer tubes and front axle collars bring a more solid feel to the front end.
- Stiffer fork springs, revised suspension settings front and rear plus a new shock linkage yield improved tracking, more precise handling and added rider confidence over rough terrain.
- New foot pegs are wider and longer for more support, and are now silver color.
- Premium Dunlop MX51 tires front and rear.
- New chain roller for added durability.
2012 Honda CRF450R Specs:
- Engine Type: 449cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke: 96mm x 62.1mm
- Compression ratio: 12.0:1
- Valve Train: Unicam, four-valve; 36mm intake,titanium; 30mm exhaust, steel
- Induction: PGM-FI, 46mm throttle body
- Ignition: Full transistor with electronic advance
- Transmission: Close-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: #520 chain; 13T/48T
- Suspension Front: 48mm inverted KYB Air-Oil-Separate (AOS) with rebound and compression damping adjustability; 12.2 inches travel
- Rear: Pro-Link KYB single shock with spring preload, rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed and high-speed; 12.5 inches travel
- Brakes Front: Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear: Single 240mm disc
- Tires Front: Dunlop MX51 80/100-21
- Rear: Dunlop MX51 120/80-19
- Wheelbase: 58.7 inches
- Rake (Caster Angle): 26o 52′
- Trail: 114.2mm (4.5 inches)
- Seat Height: 37.6 inches
- Ground Clearance: 13.1 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 1.5 gallons
- Color: Red
- Curb Weight: 238
- Price: TBD