AMA Supercross Lites
When the Western Regional Supercross Lites Class action got underway in Rices Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City Saturday evening, one rider ran flawlessly, dominating all 15 laps of the event.
GEICO Honda’s Eli Tomac got the the Nuclear Cowboyz holeshot, and saw nothing but clear track ahead for the rest of the evening. Joining Tomac on the podium was Red Bull/KTM’s Ken Roczen and Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Broc Tickle, respectively.
Eli Tomac (GEICO Honda CRF250R) says: "That was out of control for me tonight. Hansen (Josh), and I got into one another, and I had to lean into him; that’s just racing. I’ve dreamed of winning the championship as a rookie, and I am getting closer."
Following Tomac off the line was Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Josh Hansen and his teammate Broc Tickle.
On the second lap, Hansen attempted to pass Tomac but crashed. Upon getting up, Hansen was struck by another rider, and restarted from the pack of the pack. On lap 7, Roczen made his move on Tickle, and that’s the way they remained to the checkered flag.
Tickle now holds a two-point lead over Tomac, with Hansen in third, 14 points behind Tickle.
The Monster Energy Supercross finals take place next weekend at Las Vegas’ Sam Boyd Stadium, where the Supercross class, Western/Eastern Regional Supercross Lites class champions will be crowned.
Western Regional Supercross Lites Class Results: Salt Lake City
1. Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Honda
2. Ken Roczen, Germany, KTM
3. Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Kawasaki
4. Cole Seely, Corona, Calif., Honda
5. Kyle Cunningham, Aledo, Texas, Yamaha
6. Tyla Rattray, Wildomar, Calif., Kawasaki
7. Ryan Morais, Murrieta, Calif., Suzuki
8. Martin Davalos, Cairo, Ga., Suzuki
9. Travis Baker, Temecula, Calif., Honda
10. Ben Evans, Garden City, Idaho, Kawasaki
Western Regional Supercross Lites Class Season Standings
1. Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Kawasaki – 165
2. Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Honda – 163
3. Josh Hansen, Elbert, Colo., Kawasaki – 151
4. Cole Seely, Corona, Calif., Honda – 131
5. Ryan Morais, Murrieta, Calif., Suzuki – 124
6. Tyla Rattray, Wildomar, Calif., Kawasaki – 111
7. Ken Roczen, Germany, KTM – 105
8. Kyle Cunningham, Aledo, Texas, Yamaha – 105
9. Martin Davalos, Cairo, Ga., Suzuki – 95
10. Ben Evans, Garden City, Idaho, Kawasaki – 68