Dodger Stadium Supercross Video
At the inaugural AMA Supercross race at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles Saturday night, San Manuel Yamaha’s James Stewart piloted his YZ450F to a second-place finish.Stewart, of Haines City, Fla., finished behind Dodger Supercross winner Ryan Villopoto (Monster Energy Kawasaki KX450F). Finishing third was reigining SX champion Ryan Dungey (Rockstar Makita Suzuki RM-Z450).
After starting behind Dungey and hole-shot winner Brett Metcalfe (Rockstar Makita Suzuki), Stewart got into third at the end of lap one. Metcalfe would crash, giving the lead to Dungey, and on Lap 4 Stewart passed Dungey and became the SX-race leader. His lead didn’t last long; Stewart crashed his Yamaha on lap 11 of 20, but only lost a few positions. By the end of Lap 16, Stewart was back in second at Dodger Stadium, and remained there until the checkered flag. 2011 AMA Supercross Class Results: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
1. Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki
2. James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Yamaha
3. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki
4. Trey Canard, Shawnee, Okla., Honda
5. Justin Brayton, Cornelius, N.C, Yamaha
6. Kevin Windham, Centerville, Miss., Honda
7. Chad Reed, Tampa, Fla., Honda
8. Brett Metcalfe, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Suzuki
9. Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, KTM
10. Kyle Chisholm, Valrico, Fla., YamahaThe Dodger Stadium Supercross class race will air at noon Sunday on CBS Sports TV Sunday at Noon. The 2011 Monster Energy AMA Supercross season continues next weekend in Oakland, Calif., at the Oak-Alameda Stadium.