AMA Pro Racing: 2011 Flat Track Schedule
2011 Grand National Races
AMA Pro Racing announced Friday the 2011 AMA Pro Flat Track Grand National Championship schedule that features an increased number of races, plus new and former events back on the schedule.
The 2011 Flat Track schedule features 22 dates in 17 markets across the country with a mixture of Short Track, TT, Half-Mile and Mile dirt tracks.
Once again the AMA Pro Flat Track Grand National Championship will consist of three series; Expert Singles, Expert Twins and the highly successful Pro Singles.
The Flat Track season will open during Daytona Bike Week at the DAYTONA Flat Track moved from the traditional mid-week double national, with a Short Track on Thursday, March 10th and Friday, March 11th.
Next on the schedule will be the only indoor National of the Series in Du Quoin, Ill. at the Southern Illinois Complex April 2nd. The series will then move west to the Salinas Sports Complex for the first Tourist Trophy "TT" National of the season, then returns to Yavapai Downs in Prescott, Ariz. for the Mile May 1st.
Inaugural events will be held at the Southern Illinois Complex in Du Quoin, Ill.; The Salinas Sports Complex in Salinas, Calif.; Hartford Motor Speedway in Hartford, Minn.; and after a long hiatus, the return of the Sacramento Mile in Sacramento, Calif.; Castle Rock TT in Castle Rock, Wash.; Metra Park Raceway Half-mile in Billings, Mont.
Annual events will continue at Yavapai Downs in Prescott Valley, Ariz.; Illinois State Fairgrounds in Springfield, Ill.; Allen County Fairgrounds in Lima, Ohio; Hagerstown Speedway in Hagerstown, Md.; I-96 Speedway in Lake Odessa, Minn.; Peoria Race Park in Peoria, Ill.; Indiana State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis, Ind.; Canterbury Park in Minneapolis, Minn.; Calistoga Speedway in Calistoga, Calif.; and the highly anticipated rained-out event in 2010 at the Knoxville Raceway in Knoxville, Iowa.
Gary Kidd (Flat Track Manager of AMA Pro Racing) says: "The expansion of the series is exciting news for our fans, riders and sponsors. We continue to work hard to showcase America’s traditional form of motorcycle racing in various parts of the country. Our goal is to continue to work with our existing promoters while going out to find aggressive promoters near key markets that will further benefit the series."
2011 AMA Flat Track Confirmed Events
- March 10, DAYTONA® Flat Track (Daytona Beach, Florida) Short Track
- March 11, DAYTONA® Flat Track (Daytona Beach, Florida) Short Track
- April 9, Southern Illinois Center (Du Quoin, Illinois) Short Track
- April 23, Salinas Sports Complex (Salinas, California) TT
- May 1, Yavapai Downs (Prescott Valley, Arizona) Mile
- May 28, Illinois State Fairgrounds (Springfield, Illinois) TT
- May 29, Illinois State Fairgrounds (Springfield, Illinois) Mile
- June 11, Hartford Motor Speedway (Hartford, Michigan) Half-mile
- June 25, Allen County Fairgrounds (Lima, Ohio) Half-mile
- July 9, Hagerstown Speedway (Hagerstown, Maryland) Half-mile
- July 16, I-96 Speedway (Lake Odessa, Michigan) Half-mile
- July 23, Metra Park Raceway (Billings, Montana) Half-mile
- July 30, Cal Expo Fair (Sacramento, California) Mile
- August 6, Castle Rock Race Park (Castle Rock, Washington) TT
- August 21, Peoria Race Park (Peoria, Illinois) TT
- August 27, Indiana State Fairgrounds (Indianapolis, Indiana) Mile
- September 3, Illinois State Fairgrounds (Springfield, Illinois) Short Track
- September 4, Illinois State Fairgrounds (Springfield, Illinois) Mile
- September 10, Knoxville Raceway (Knoxville, Iowa) Half-mile
- September 24, Canterbury Park (Minneapolis, Minnesota) Mile
- October 1, Calistoga Speedway (Calistoga, California) Half-mile
- October 9, Yavapai Downs (Prescott Valley, Arizona) Mile
*Additional Dates TBD/TBA