2016 Ducati Hypermotard 939 SP | Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide
When you get serious about your supermotoing, the all-new Ducati Hypermotard 939 SP is ready to take help you test your limits. The big change from the standard Hypermotard 939 is the upgraded suspension and wheels.
The Hypermotard 939 SP gets fully adjustable high-end Öhlins suspension. The forks are 48mm in diameter (rather than 43mm on the standard) and both ends have longer suspension travel.
This does result in a higher seat height, but the Hypermotard 939 SP is a no-nonsense canyon performer. Three-spoked forged alloy wheels are impressive, as are the Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP they are shod with.
The SP gets the Ducati Safety Pack with ABS and traction control, but we suspect many Hypermotard 939 SP riders will dispense with those niceties from time to time.
Visit our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
2016 Ducati Hypermotard 939 SP Specs:
- Engine: Testastretta 11°, L-twin, 4-valves per cylinder, Desmodromic, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 937cc
- Bore x stroke: 94 x 67.5mm
- Compression ratio: 13.1:1
- Maximum power: 113 horsepower @ 9000 rpm
- Maximum torque: 73 ft/lbs @ 7500 rpm
- Fuel injection: Magneti Marelli electronic fuel injection system; throttle bodies w/ full ride by wire system
- Exhaust: Single stainless steel muffler w/ catalytic converter and two lambda probes
- Transmission: 6-speed w/ straight cut gears
- Final drive: Chain; 15/43
- Clutch: Wet multiplate clutch mechanically operated, self-servo action on drive, slipper action on over-run
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis frame
- Front suspension: Fully adjustable Öhlins 48mm inverted forks; 7.3 inches of travel
- Rear suspension: Linkage-assisted fully adjustable Öhlins shock; 6.9 inches of travel
- Front wheel: Forged alloy 3-spoke; 3.50″ x 17″
- Rear wheel: Forged alloy 3-spoke; 5.50″ x 17″
- Front tire: Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP, 120/70 ZR17
- Rear tire: Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP, 180/55 ZR17
- Front brakes: Twin 320mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monoblock calipers, 4-piston/2-pad, axial pump with adjustable lever
- Rear brake: 245mm disc, 2-piston caliper
- ABS: Bosch 9MP, standard
- Instrumentation: LCD display with Dot Matrix area
- Wheelbase: 59 inches
- Rake: 25.5 degrees
- Trail: 4.1 inches
- Seat height: 35.0 inches
- Fuel tank capacity: 4.2 gallons
- Wet weight: 443 pounds
- Warranty: 24 months, unlimited mileage
2016 Ducati Hypermotard 939 SP Color:
- Red Corsa Stripe
2016 Ducati Hypermotard 939 SP price:
- From $15,595
2016 Ducati Hypermotard 939 SP Photo Gallery