2016 Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic | Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide
You won’t find the Heritage Softail Classic in the Harley-Davidson Touring lineup, but that doesn’t stop it from being an alternative bagger, complete with standard electronic cruise control in 2016.
A kicked out front end and limited cornering clearance makes the Heritage Softail Classic ideal for straight-line runs. The Softail machine appeals to riders who like the vintage appeal of the 1940s-style leather saddlebags (with hidden quick-detach buckles), full-size front fender, laced 16-inch wheels, and chrome front hub cover.
Styling has been simplified this year, with fewer studs and new conchos with red starburst inserts. 2016’s upgrade to the High Output Twin Cam 103B motor means over 100 ft/lbs of torque is available at 3000 rpm.
Read our Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic Review.
Visit our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
2016 Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic Specs:
- Engine: High Output Twin Cam 103B
- Displacement: 103 cubic inches (1690cc)
- Fuel system: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection
- Front tire: Dunlop D402F MT90B16 72H
- Rear tire: Dunlop D401 150/00B16 71H
- Wheels: Laced steel
- Right lean angle: 24.4 degrees
- Left lean angle: 25.9 degrees
- Length: 94.7 inches
- Seat height (laden): 25.5 inches
- Seat height (unladen): 27 inches
- Ground clearance: 4.7 inches
- Fork angle: 31 degrees
- Trail: 5.8 inches
- Wheelbase: 64.4 inches
- Weight (as shipped): 726 pounds
- Fuel capacity: 5 gallons
2016 Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic MSRP:
- From $17,349