EBR Motorcycles Resumes ProductionIn April 2015, Erik Buell Racing (EBR) announced bankruptcy, and the future was anything but positive. Rumors begin about possible buyouts from companies like the India-based Hero Corp, but these were just that – rumors.A positive trend began last month when EBR was acquired in its entirety by Liquid Asset Partners based out of Michigan. A restructuring plan was executed, and on March 1, the now rebranded “EBR Motorcycles, LLC” was officially back in business as production resumed at its East Troy, Wis., facilities.
The first motorcycles set to roll off the EBR Motorcycles production line are the 2016 1190RX and 1190SX models. This event is scheduled for March 17, and the press will be there.“This would not be possible without the EBR team. All the credit goes to them for waiting out the storms during the last year,” said Bill Melvin Jr. “Now the clouds have cleared; EBR is able to shift into gear knowing that it has financial stability, a profitable multi-year plan, and a 5-10 year vision. We feel there is still room for new partnerships or investment, but it is not critical. EBR is on solid ground and moving forward. We are turning the key and twisting the throttle!”EBR Motorcycles will throw a launch party March 18 at the East Troy facilities. To celebrate, EBR Motorcycles in invited the public, Buell Nation, and EBR fans. The celebration will include free food, an EBR team “meet and greet,” tours of the production line, and other events at venues in the historic downtown village of East Troy, Wis.“I am really looking forward to the launch and the press day. I have dedicated my life to this and want to get the word out on how great our motorcycles are,” said Erik Buell, former Harley-Davidson employee and founder and CTO of EBR Motorcycles.Ed Laben, Director of Sourcing said, “It is so good to see the factory coming back to life! The energy, talent, and enthusiasm of this team are unparalleled, and I can’t wait for the world to see what’s coming down the road.”New Management Positions at EBR Motorcycles Include:
• Steve Smith: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
• Bill Melvin Jr.: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
• Erik Buell: Chief Technical Officer (CTO)
• Kim Tordik: VP of Business Operations
• Ed Laben: Director of Sourcing
• Dan Hurda: Director of EngineeringEBR Motorcycles has some work, though, as it relaunches the brand. First thing is to identify the 2016 top dealers, which is underway. EBR Motorcycles report it will release its “aggressive new 2016 MSRP, warranty for 2016 bikes, and plans for racing” in the coming weeks.Anyone interested in EBR Motorcycles or dealership opportunities should visit EBR Motorcycles.Concurrently on March 18, assets excess to current factory production will be sold through a public liquidation run by Liquid Asset Partners for approximately 30 to 45 days (excess machinery, equipment, tools, excess race assets, and excess parts). This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to buy a piece of history at the factory level. Anyone interested in more information about the EBR partnership, investment opportunity, or purchasing assets that are excess to current production should visit www.LiquidAP.com.