2016 Yamaha FJR1300A | Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide
The long-running Yamaha FJR1300A gets some serious upgrades for 2016. The biggest news is the all-new six-speed transmission, replacing the old five-speed.
Helically cut, the transmission will also be smoother and quieter. Along with the new tranny, there’s a new clutch that is stronger, but with lighter springs, and slipper action.
Traction control, cruise control, two power modes, plus adjustable seat, windshield and handlebars, make for an easier ride. Along with new LED lighting the bodywork has also be updated.
Visit our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
2016 Yamaha FJR1300A Specs:
- Engine: DOHC liquid-cooled inline-4
- Bore x stroke 79.0 x 66.2mm
- Displacement: 1298cc
- Compression ratio: 10.8:1
- Fuel delivery: Yamaha Fuel Injection with YCC-T
- Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final drive: Shaft
- Front suspension: Fully adjustable 48mm forks; 5.3 inches of travel
- Rear suspension: Single shock w/ adjustable spring preload and rebound damping; 4.9 inches of travel
- Brake System: Linked and ABS
- Front brakes: Dual 320mm discs
- Rear brake: 282mm disc
- Front tire: 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear tire: 180/55 ZR 17
- Dimensions: L x W x H: 87.8 x 29.5 x 52.2 – 57.3 inches
- Seat height: 31.7 or 32.5 inches
- Wheelbase: 60.8 inches
- Rake: 26.0°
- Trail: 4.9 inches
- Ground clearance: 5.1 inches
- Fuel capacity: 6.6 gallons
- Fuel economy: 36 mpg
- Wet weight: 635 pounds
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory)
2016 Yamaha FJR1300A Price:
- MSRP $16,390