2016 Anaheim 1 250SX Results – Cooper Webb Dominates A1
The first 250 West Region main event of the 2016 Monster Energy AMA Supercross season belonged to Yamalube/Star Racing/Yamaha’s Cooper Webb. After a fourth place start, the North Carolina native quickly made his way into second place and went after Troy Lee Designs/GoPro KTM’s Jessy Nelson after several laps making up ground he had lost on him in the beginning stages of the races. After making a clean pass on Nelson, he rode the remainder of the race on high-speed cruise control to take his first win of the season.
Troy Lee Designs/GoPro KTM’s Jessy Nelson grabbed the holeshot in the first race of the season, and rode the first half of the race far ahead of the rest of the field before getting reeled in by the hard-charging Webb. Nelson would finish the race in second place at the end of the 15 lap main event.
Rockstar Energy Husqvarna’s Zach Osborne got a great start on his Husqvarna FC 250 and rode consistently up front to snag the final podium spot. GEICO Honda’s Jimmy DeCotis finished in fourth place on the night. The Massachusetts rider put himself in a great position off the start and rode 15 solid laps and, in doing so, scored the best result of his career. GEICO Honda’s Jordon Smith rounded out the top five in fifth place after grabbing a second place start.
Yamalube/Star Racing/Yamaha’s Alex Martin, Cycle Trader/Rock River/Yamaha’s Colt Nichols, Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Joey Savatgy, Troy Lee Designs/GoPro KTM’s Mitchell Oldenburg, and Ride365.com’s Kyle Peters rounded out the Top 10.
Photography by Simon Cudby
2016 Anaheim 1 250SX Results – A1
- Cooper Webb – Yamaha YZ250F
- Jessy Nelson – KTM 250 SX-F
- Zach Osborne – Husqvarna FC 250
- Jimmy DeCotis – Honda CRF250R
- Jordon Smith – Honda CRF250R
- Alex Martin – Yamaha YZ250F
- Colt Nichols – Yamaha YZ250F
- Joey Savatgy – Kawasaki KX250F
- Mitchell Oldenburg – KTM 250 SX-F
- Kyle Peters – Honda CRF250R
- Hayden Mellross– Yamaha YZ250F
- Cole Martinez – Yamaha YZ250F
- Mitchell Harrison – Yamaha YZ250F
- Fredrik Noren – Honda CRF250R
- Zach Bell – Yamaha YZ250F
- Trevor Reis – Yamaha YZ250F
- Christian Craig – Honda CRF250R
- Cole Thompson – KTM 250 SX-F
- Kyle Cunningham – Suzuki RM-Z250
- Maxime Desprey – Kawasaki KX250F
- Chris Alldredge – Kawasaki KX250F
- Chris Howell – Husqvarna FC 250