Ducati is known for offering a few “Bologna Specials,” such as the Nicky Hayden 848EVO, the Troy Bayliss 1098 R and the Panigale R. Each of these bikes were available in limited editions, and quickly became collectable desmos.
For 2015, Ducati has released yet another Bologna Special, but of a different stature – the Diavel Titanium.
Loaded with titanium, carbon fiber and billet components, Ducati will only produce 500 of its 2015 Diavel Titanium. And Ducati reports that the bike, which was launched during November’s EICMA, will hit the market soon.
Just as the name implies, titanium is what makes this Diavel LE different. Titanium covers the bike’s tank and headlamp covers, which are made with the metal that has been specially banded and chemically satin-etched to create a host of different chromatic shades.
There is also titanium on the passenger seat cover, which was redesigned and widened for this model, but it is enhanced with carbon fiber. Speaking of carbon fiber, carbon fiber is used throughout the machine: on the redesigned air intakes, radiator covers, micro-screen, front and rear mudguards, front sprocket cover and filler cap cover.
Besides these pieces, Ducati discusses further enhancements: “Taking exclusivity to the next level, the hand-stitched seat made of Alcantara is embellished with leather inserts. The aesthetics also benefit from a dark chrome finish on the frame, while another key styling detail on the Diavel Titanium takes the form of a high-grade, matte black ceramic coating on the exhaust pipes. Completing this special edition are the exceptional machine-finished forged wheels in exposed aluminum, designed to make the Diavel Titanium unquestionably unique.”
To finish off the bike, each Diavel Titanium will feature an individually numbered tank-mounted plaque (XXX/500). As for price, the MSRP is $27,995.
2015 Ducati Diavel Titanium Highlights:
- Ducati Testastretta 11° DS engine 162 hp
- Riding Mode (Sport, Touring, Urban)
- Ducati Safety Pack (ABS, DTC)
- Rear 240mm Tire
- Machine-finished forged black wheels with dedicated design
- Titanium central and lateral tank covers
- Titanium headlight cover
- Passenger seat cover in carbon with titanium insert
- Carbon fibre specially designed engine air intakes
- Carbon fibre radiator covers
- Carbon fibre windscreen
- Carbon fibre front and rear mudguard
- Carbon fibre front sprocket cover
- Carbon fibre tank filler surround
- Aluminum machine-finished forged black wheels with dedicated design
- Seat in Alcantara and leather
- Exhaust pipes with Zircotech ceramic lining
- Stainless-steel silencers
- Individually numbered tank-mounted plaque (XXX/500)
2015 Ducati Diavel Titanium Photo Gallery: