All else is the same on the 2015 GSX-R1000, which has no major updates since the 2009 version. The then-revised superbike propelled the now-retired Mat Mladin to the AMA SuperBike title – the last AMA title for Suzuki (read our review of the 2014 GSX-R1000 – the same bike without ABS).
Besides ABS, Suzuki once again highlights the new paint available on the 2015 GSX-R1000 – Suzuki Racing Blue, which mimics the Team Suzuki MotoGP GSX-RR.
Speaking of the ABS, Suzuki says “the Antilock Brake System monitors wheel speeds to match stopping power to the available traction. This helps prevent wheels from locking up due to hard braking or to changes in road conditions, and enhances brake performance.
“This lightweight ABS package is based on a proven Suzuki system, but is built specifically for the GSX-R1000. Front disc brakes feature Brembo radial-mount monoblock calipers to deliver exceptional stopping power. The rear disc brakes uses a Nissin caliper mounted above the swingarm; its compact design contributes to a reduction of unsprung weight.”
Following are the Key Features of the 2015 Suzuki GSX-R1000:
- 999cc 4-cylinder powerplant has a bore x stroke of 74.5mm x 57.3mm to bring enhanced throttle response across the entire rpm range and provide superior potential for racetrack performance.
- Optimized camshaft profiles further enhance racing potential and were developed using proven MotoGP racing engine technology.
- Optimally shaped hemispherical combustion chambers and a compression ratio of 12.9:1 promote low-range and mid-range performance and help achieve a broad torque curve.
- Precision-manufactured 12-hole fuel injectors produce a fine fuel mist for more complete combustion.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase reduce friction and improve heat transfer, durability and ring seal.
- The unique Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) system allows the rider to choose different fuel-injection and ignition-system maps, adjusting power delivery to suit personal preferences using a button on the left handlebar switch assembly.
- Pentagonal shaped ventilation holes in the sides of each cylinder bore reduce pumping losses normally caused by internal crankcase air-pressure resistance to downward piston movement.
- The 4-2-1 exhaust system carries a Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) valve maximizing torque and throttle response, especially in the low-to-mid rpm range.
- Rear shock absorber features adjustable rebound damping and spring pre-load with the fine tuning of both high-speed and low-speed compression damping.
- Front and rear radial tires feature specially design tread patterns with low-mass, multi-belt carcasses for sharp handling and low weight.
- Electronically controlled steering damper provides lighter steering at slower speeds and more damping force at racetrack and highway speeds.
- Race-proven back-torque-limiting clutch contributes to smoother downshifting and corner entry.
- The six-speed close-ratio transmission uses vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length.
2015 Suzuki GSX-R1000 ABS Gallery: