The event shifts into gear at 11 a.m. Friday, March 13, in the Kawasaki display area at Daytona International Speedway. During Kawasaki Bike Nite in Daylite, participants can enter their own Kawasaki motorcycle into the bike show or enjoy many event activities, including charity raffles and complimentary beverages provided by Riders of Kawasaki (ROK).
The bike show during the 74th annual Daytona Bike Week features the following categories: Best Kawasaki Sportbike, Best Kawasaki Cruiser, Best Unique Bike and Best Vintage Kawasaki (1984 and prior).
Kawasaki says the People’s Choice winner – selected in each category – will be awarded prizes from ROK, Sena Technologies and Kawasaki Genuine Accessories. The winner in each category will also take home a custom trophy made from Kawasaki motorcycle parts and have the chance to win the coveted title of “Best in Show,” plus prizes from Dunlop, Sena Technologies and olloclip, to name a few, Kawasaki says
Registration begins at 11 a.m., and the event runs until 4 p.m. Voting begins at noon, and ends at 2:30 p.m. The winners will be announced at 3 p.m.
“Even if you don’t own a special Kawasaki, be sure to visit and enjoy the atmosphere, see some great bikes and take a Kawasaki demo ride on the street bike of your choice. Enter the raffle and you might win some great prizes in support of a good cause. Raffle tickets are $1 each and all proceeds will be donated to the Winship Cancer Institute at Emory Hospital in memory of long-time Kawasaki friend, Mike Thomas,” Kawasaki says.
“Like” Kawasaki USA on Facebook for event updates, and remember the hashtags #BikeNiteintheDaylite, #BNTD, #KawasakiBikeNite.
Official contest rules are posted on Kawasaki’s website. Here’s a rundown of the rules:
• Kawasaki motorcycles will be judged on appearance from 12:00pm – 3:00pm, Friday, March 13, 2015. All ballots will be collected by 3:00pm, and winners will be announced at 3:30pm.
• One People’s Choice winner will be selected in each competition class.
• One of the four class winners will be selected as overall “Best in Show” by a panel of judges at 3:30pm.
• Competition is open to privately owned Kawasaki street motorcycles only.
• Participants must be present to win.
• Please register and complete the entry waiver before bringing your motorcycle onto the grass area.
• Participation in “Bike Nite in the Daylite” is at your own risk. Kawasaki is not responsible for any damage caused to your motorcycle during this event.