5 Must-See 2015 Indians at Progressive IMS at Long Beach
Indian brought some very special motorcycles to the Progressive International Motorcycle Show in Long Beach. Calif. Some of them you can buy; others you just get to admire. Either way, don’t miss these machines at the IMS.
1. Elnora: We can’t tell you all the unspeakable things that Indian Motorcycle External Relations Manager Robert Pandya has done to this Indian Chief, but much of it involved crazy off-road antics and high speeds on the Bonneville Salt Flats. You won’t see another Indian like this one, so check her out before she meets her fate in the crusher.
2. Wall of Death 2015 Indian Scout: While most of us would never seriously consider riding the wall of death, this Indian Scout has done just that. Indian won’t let you take this one out on the Wall, but you can get a close look at a beautiful bike that has faced death and returned to tell the tale.
3. Roland Sands Design Indian Track Chief: Only the engine remains from the stock Indian Chief, but the RSD Custom Indian Track Chief is one motorcycle you have to see in person. Mixing ancient front suspension technology with an amazing single-sided swingarm, there’s unexpected twists everywhere you look on this spectacular bike.
4. Cutaway 2015 Indian Scout motor: If you’ve wondered how Indian get 100 horsepower out of the smallish Scout motor, this is your chance to take a peek inside at the magic. The first water-cooled Indian in history is quite impressive inside.
5. Stripped 2015 Indian Chief: Most cruisers are not very attractive when naked. Indian has no such inhibitions and the stripped 2015 Indian Chief on display let’s you see what’s underneath the great work of Indian stylists. It’s clear the engineers worked as hard as anyone on the project.
Photography by Don Williams and Jonathan Handler