2015 Suuki DR-Z400SM
Suzuki has a reputation for designing strong-performing dirt bikes and sharp-handling street bikes. The goal of the 2015 DR-Z400SM is to deliver a dose of both.
The SM, short for Supermoto, uses a 398cc liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine that provides strong low-rpm torque and crisp throttle response.
The SM arrives with inverted forks, which results in less unsprung weight and improved overall handling. The SuperMoto also features with wider 17-inch aluminum rims and sticky radial tires.
The 2015 Suzuki DR-Z400SM comes in a color combination of Solid Special White and Solid Black, at a suggested retail price of $7,189.
Key features of the DR-Z400SM:
- Lightweight 398cc, DOHC, liquid-cooled, dry-sump engine designed to provide tractable low-rpm power
- Electric start with lightweight starter motor and a compact 6.5 amp maintenance-free battery
- Automatic decompression system for quick and easy engine starts
- Compact 5-speed transmission utilizes a cable-operated clutch with separate outer cover for simplified clutch maintenance
- A fully adjustable rear shock absorber with high/low speed compression damping adjuster and aluminum swingarm for precise rear wheel control
- RK Excel aluminum rims and radial tires: 120/70-R17 front, 140/70- R17 rear
- Chrome-moly steel frame tuned for Supermoto is torsionally strong with minimal weight
- Long travel, Showa inverted front fork derived from the Suzuki motocross family; features adjustable compression/rebound damping and Alumite coating on inner tube surfaces for smooth action
- Front disc brake with a large 300mm floating-type rotor and dual-piston caliper, plus 240mm rear disc brake with single-piston caliper
- Compact digital instrument cluster with speedometer, odometer, twin-trip meters with addition/subtraction capability, clock, timer and stopwatch functions
- On-road legal lighting with bright 60/55 watt halogen headlight, compact tail/stoplight, lightweight, rubber-mounted turn signals and horn
- Renthal tapered aluminum handlebar
For more information, visit Suzuki Cycles.