2015 Suzuki DR200S Preview | Revised for More Versatility
2015 Suzuki DR200S
Suzuki has revised its DR200S Dual Sport for 2015. The bike gains some styling based on the RM-Z motocross machines, and a newly-shaped seat that integrates with the fuel tank for enhanced looks and comfort.
The seat helps add to improved ergonomics so the DR200S fits a wider range of riders. And they will be able to go the distance. The DR200S’ gas tank is 3.4 gallons, and the bike gets an estimate 105 mph.
The 199cc air-cooled four-stroke engine is compact for the tight trails. The engine produces ample torque for the dirt trails, and a smooth top end for open-road riding.
Suzuki says its cylinder is plated with the same Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) that helps keep so many Suzuki motorcycle engines strong and lightweight. Add front disc brakes, pre-load adjustable rear suspension, and push-button electric start, and you have a Dual Sport bike that is ready for any day of riding.
The 2015 Suzuki DR200S is offered in Yellow or Black, and available for $4,499. Following are the features and specs.
- New rounder seat to increase comfort.
- Redesigned fuel tank to increase seating ergonomics for a wider range of riders
- Influenced by the high-performance style of the RM-Z series, the ergonomics redesign makes the DR200S a better fit to
- A wider range of riders for the dirt and the pavement.
- New taillight and turn signals to match the sleek new styling
- 199cc, single-cylinder air-cooled four-stroke engine provides just the right amount of torque and horsepower to power your ride.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coated aluminum cylinder is used for durability, weight reduction and superior heat transfer.
- Rider-friendly electric engine starter for easy starts
- Digitally controlled CDI ignition system to match ignition timing throughout the engine rpm range.
- Compact and sturdy high-tensile strength steel pipe frame. Smooth, ergonomic bodywork facilitates rider to transfer weight.
- Telescopic front forks and single shock absorber rear suspension with adjustable spring preload have sufficient wheel travels of both front and rear 8.1 inches.
- Front disc and rear drum brakes deliver reliable stopping power.
- Low-maintenance, long-life sealed chain.
- Large front and thick rear tires with special tread patterns are designed for smooth riding for on and off the pavement.
- Backward-folding rearview mirrors, gearshift and brake pedals help reduce damage on the way of obstacles
- Low-maintenance, long-life sealed chain. Large bright 60/55W halogen headlight to help extend your riding session.
- 5-speed transmission with gear ratios suitable for a wide variety of riding conditions.
- Quick-action rack-and-pinion clutch design ensures light and positive clutch operation.
2015 Suzuki DR200S Specs:
|Engine||199 cc (12.1 cu. in), 4-stroke, air-cooled, OHC|
|Bore x Stroke||66.0 mm x 58.2 mm (2.60 in x 2.29 in)|
|Compression Ratio||9.4 : 1|
|Fuel System||MIKUNI BST31SS, single|
|Transmission||5-speed constant mesh|
|Final Drive||DID520V, 112links|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Disc brake|
|Brakes Rear||Drum brake|
|Tires Front||70/100-21M/C 44P tube type|
|Tires Rear||100/90-18M/C 56P tube type|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||3.3 US (3.2 for California)|
|Color||Solid Special White|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Spark Plug||NGK DR8EA or DENSO X24ESR-U|
|Tail Light||12V 21/5W|
|Dimensions and Curb Weight:|
|Overall Length||2155 mm (84.6 in)|
|Overall Width||805 mm (31.7 in)|
|Overall Height||1140 mm (46.7)|
|Wheelbase||1405 mm (55.3 in)|
|Ground Clearance||255 mm (10.2 in)|
|Seat Height||845 mm (31.9 in)|
|126 kg (278 lbs)|
|Warranty||12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.|