2015 KTM 350 EXC-F Revealed | New Motorcycle News
Many off-roaders consider the KTM 350 EXC-F to be the ultimate dual sport and enduro motorcycle. For 2015, KTM has given the 350 EXC-F a few notable upgrades.
First is the upgrade of the Damped Diaphragm Steel (DDS) Clutch used by the 2015 KTM 350 EXC-F. Unlike traditional clutches, the DDS is machined from solid high-tensile steel in one piece together with the primary drive gear.
This process enhances reliability and contributes to the narrow engine width due to its rivet-less design and thin steel linings. The diaphragm spring makes it possible to implement an additional rubber damping system inside the clutch hub, offering both reliability and enhanced traction.
KTM has reworked the 2015 EXC-F’s clutch basket to reduce weight. Complimenting the diaphragm spring, the Brembo hydraulic clutch system offers a light clutch pull and predictable clutch action.
Another upgrade to the 2015 KTM 350 EXC-F is found in the two-pump oiling. Using both a pressure pump and scavenger pump, KTM has new O-rings for the oil pump suction screen, which are designed to increase the ability to handle extreme conditions, as well as offering a long life.
As before, the 2015 KTM 350 EXC-F motor will be putting out 45 horsepower, making is capable of hanging with 450s. The Engine Management System by Keihin uses electronic fuel injection and a 42mm throttle body ensures a spontaneous response and maximum engine performance.
It may have a 12,000 rpm redline, but the DOHC EXC-F motor has cams tuned for the low rpm power needed to work in technical terrain. Compared to Tony Cairoli’s World Championship 350 SX-F, the 350 EXC-F has a heavier crankshaft to even out the power delivery and more easily find traction thanks to the greater gyrating mass. The engine is equipped with a kickstarter, as well as an electric starter that is hidden behind the cylinder.
Other high-end features on the 2015 KTM 350 EXC-F include WP suspension, Brembo brakes, and new Metzeler Six-Day tires (DOT-legal, of course).
2015 KTM 350 EXC-F Specifications
- Engine: Single-cylinder, 4-stroke, spark-ignition engine, liquid-cooled
- Displacement: 349.7cc
- Bore x stroke: 88 mm x 57.5 mm
- Starting: Kick starter and electric starter
- Engine lubrication: Forced oil lubrication with 2 Eaton pumps
- Cooling system: Liquid cooling system, continuous circulation of cooling liquid with water pump
- Clutch: Wet multi-disc clutch DDS with Brembo hydraulics
- Ignition system: Contactless, controlled, fully electronic ignition system with digital ignition timing adjustment
- Frame: Central tube frame made of chrome molybdenum steel tubing
- Forks: WP Suspension Up Side Down 4860 MXMA PA
- Shock: WP Suspension PDS 5018 DCC
- Suspension travel, front/rear: 11.8 inches/13.2 inches
- Brake system: Disc brakes, brake calipers on floating bearings
- Brake discs, front/rear: 260 mm/220 mm
- Rake: 26.5°
- Wheelbase: 58.3 inches
- Ground clearance, unloaded : 13.6 inches
- Seat height, unloaded: 38.2 inches
- Total fuel tank capacity, approx.: 2.25 gallons
- Fuel: Unleaded premium
- Weight without fuel, approx.: 236 pounds
2015 KTM 350 EXC-F MSRP: