- New cylinder head for more top-end power, plus added overrev.
- New exhaust system with larger-diameter pipe and exhaust outlet for more top-end power.
- Overall exhaust system length is shorter and closer to the bike’s center of mass for improved handling.
- Revised ignition map settings and new settings for the Dual-Timing PGM-FI fuel injection.
- Peak power hits earlier in the rev range and continues longer than before.
- New piston is stronger due to a new heat-treatment process.
- New Engine Mode Select button allows the rider to easily select one of three different EFI/ignition maps to match track conditions.
- HRC accessory tuning tool can be used to program custom maps actuated by the Engine Mode Select button.
- New ACG flywheel incorporates more mass for smooth power delivery and enhanced low-end response, and makes it less prone to stalling or flame out.
- Transmission gears are stronger.
- New throttle return spring has a lighter pull.
- New clutch cable design gives a lighter pull at the lever.
- New KYB Pneumatic Spring Fork (PSF) offers five ways to adjust performance: high-speed and low-speed adjusters for both rebound and compression damping settings, plus air-spring adjustability.
- New fork damper cartridge and other changes in fork construction result in a weight savings of more than 7 ounces.
- Rear shock adjuster for rebound damping settings is now located for more convenient access.
- New front/rear wave-style rotors with a larger 260mm front brake disc add to overall braking performance.
- New-generation Dunlop Geomax MX52 motocross tires front and rear offer improved traction in a wide variety of terrain.
- Front brake guide and radiator grill now feature a black finish
- New fork covers. – All-new CRF graphic.The price of the 2015 Honda CRF450R has yet to be determined, but the bike will be available in September of this year.
|Engine Type:||449cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke|
|Bore and Stroke:||96.0mm x 62.1mm|
|Valve Train:||Unicam, four-valve; 36mm intake, titanium; 31mm exhaust, steel|
Dual-Timing PGM-FI, 46mm throttle body
Full transistor with electronic advance
#520 chain; 13T/48T
Front: 48mm inverted KYB PSF (Pneumatic Spring Fork) with air-adjustable spring rate, and rebound and compression-damping adjustability; 12.2 inches travel.
Front: Single 260mm wave-style disc with twin-piston caliper
Front: Dunlop MX52 80/100-21
|Rake (Caster angle):||27° 04’|
116mm (4.6 inches)
|Ground Clearance:||13.0 inches|
|Fuel Capacity:||1.7 gallons|
|Curb Weight:||243 pounds|