Honda CBR250R Photo Gallery / Images / Wallpaper
Entry-level sportbikes have garnered much attention in the past few years, the quarter-liters offering the looks of a powerful superbike with the ease of riding for newbies.
Before 2011, one bike dominated America’s entry-sportbike market since 1986 – the Ninja 250. But in 2011, Honda brought its CBR250R stateside, and the bike was an immediate hit.
Available with ABS, the CBR250R arrived with a 249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine that featured a sophisticated four-valve DOHC cylinder head and counterbalancer, and PGM-FI fuel injection, something the Ninja 250 lacks (the Kawasaki 250 Ninja still had a carburetor, though the Ninja 300 that replaced it in 2013 arrived with fuel injection.)
Except for color options, the CBR 250 R didn’t receive any major revisions since its introduction in 2011. The major news for the 2013 CBR250R was the additional colors – Pearl White/Blue/Red, Red and Black, and the one that everyone MotoGP fan will surely enjoy – Repsol (only available in standard model without ABS).
Nothing has been reported about 2014, though a 2014 CBR300R is expected…stay tuned!
For now, here’s a photo gallery of the Honda CBR250R in all colors offered from 2011-2013. Each photo also makes for great wallpaper; to download as wallpaper, simply expand the desired thumbnail, right click and save as desktop background.
2011-2013 Honda CBR250R / CBR250R ABS Specs:
- Type: 249.4cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke: 76mm x 55mm
- Compression ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Induction: PGM-FI, 38mm throttle body
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front: 37mm fork; 4.65 inches travel
- Rear: Pro-Link single shock with five-position spring preload adjustability; 4.07 inches travel
- Front: Twin-piston caliper with single 296mm disc
- Rear: Single-caliper 220mm disc
- Optional ABS
- Front: 110/70-17 radial
- Rear: 140/70-17 radial
- Wheelbase: 53.9 inches
- Rake (Caster Angle): 25.0°
- Trail: 98.6mm (3.9 inches)
- Seat Height: 30.5 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 3.4 gallons
- Fuel Economy Estimate: 77 mpg
Action photography by Don Williams