Cyclenano has stepped up to provide additional support for the women’s class during the 2014 GEICO, AMA EnduroCross series, fueled by Monster Energy and presented by Lucas Oil.
The talented field of female racers will now have the added incentive of a $300, $200 and $100 payout for the top three finishes, respectively, from Cyclenano at all eight AMA EnduroCross events.
“The female EnduroCross racers deserve more recognition for their efforts so I am thrilled to help provide some additional incentive,” stated Ron Ruane, the founder of Cyclenano.
Canada’s Chantelle Bykerk dominated the 2013 women’s EnduroCross series on her RPM KTM, winning four of the seven rounds and looks to defend her title in 2014. Rachael Gutish, the teenager from Indiana, finished second in the 2013 championship and got her first main event win at the Vegas final to show she is ready to contend for the title in 2014. The two favorites can expect a full field of top riders including KTM’s Kacy Martinez and multi-time Women’s Motocross champion, Jessica Patterson, ready to battle for the number one plate.
Las Vegas will again host the opening round of EnduroCross on Friday, May 2, during the Monster Energy Supercross finals weekend. The traditional EnduroCross finals in November will now be held Nov. 22 in Ontario, Calif., The X Games Enduro X event in Austin, Texas, also will be included as a points-paying event for the GEICO AMA EnduroCross championship. The X Games Women’s Enduro X event, taking place in Austin on June 6th, will also count for the 2014 series points but has a separate purse payout.
Tickets are on sale now at www.EnduroCross.com/buy-tickets/
For more information, please visit www.EnduroCross.com.
2014 GEICO AMA EnduroCross, fueled by Monster Energy Schedule
- May 2, 2014 – Las Vegas, Nevada. Orleans Arena (Friday Night)
- June 6, 2014 – Austin, Texas. X Games, Circuit of the America’s
- June 21, 2014 – Sacramento, California. Sleep Train Arena
- August 23, 2014 – Atlanta, Georgia. Gwinnett Center
- October 4, 2014 – Denver, Colorado. National Western Complex
- October 11, 2014 – Salt Lake City, Utah. Energy Solutions Arena
- October 18, 2014 – Everett, Washington. Comcast Arena
- November 15, 2014 – Boise, Idaho. Ford Idaho Center
- November 22, 2014 – Ontario, California. Citizens Business Bank Arena