Ducati GP14 Unveiled in 2014 MotoGP Livery | Photo Gallery
Ducati GP14 Photos/Wallpaper
Following a team presentation Monday at the Audi Forum in the Munich Airport, Ducati later unveiled its Desmosedici GP14’s livery ahead of 300 journalists at the Audi Zentrum in Eching, Munich.
There, the Ducati Team of Andrea Dovizioso and Cal Crutchlow were present, along with Ducati Corse General Manager Luigi Dall’Igna, Ducati Corse Sporting Director Paolo Ciabatti, Ducati Motor Holding CEO Claudio Domenicali.
The Desmo GP14s, which don a new matte-color scheme for 2014 MotoGP, will compete under the new Open-class rules. Under this class, Ducati benefits from less restrictive rules on the number of engines allowed per season (12 vs. five for factory) and a greater fuel allowance (24 vs. 20 liters).
All bikes in both classes – Factory and Open – must also use the same Magneti Marelli ECU. But the Open option allows teams to utilize standard Dorna software and have more freedom of engine development.
Attached above is a photo gallery of Dovizioso and Crutchlow’s GP14s in 2014 MotoGP Livery (each picture makes for great wallpaper). Below are the specs of the 2014 Ducati GP14 Desmos.
Ducati GP14 Specs:
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, 90 degree V4 four-stroke, desmodromic DOHC, four valves per cylinder
- Capacity: 1,000cc
- Maximum Power: More than 235hp
- Maximum Speed: In excess of 330 km/h (205 mph)
- Induction: Ducati Seamless Transmission (DST). Chain final drive Indirect Magneti Marelli electronic injection, four throttle bodies with injectors above and below the butterfly valves. Throttles operated by the new EVO 2 TCF (Throttle Control & Feedback) system
- Fuel: Shell Racing V-Power
- Lubricant: Shell Advance Ultra 4
- Ignition: Magneti Marelli
- Exhaust: Akrapovic
- Final Drive: D.I.D Chain
- Frame: Aluminum
- Suspension: Öhlins inverted 48mm fork and Öhlins shock absorber, adjustable for preload, new factory evolution damping system
- Tires: Bridgestone 16.5″ front and rear
- Brakes; Brembo, two 320mm carbon front discs (340mm for Motegi race) with four-piston callipers. Single stainless steel rear disc with two-piston calliper
- Dry Weight: 160 kg (353 lb.)