Yamaha FZ-09 Aftermarket Exhaust
Due to its low price point, performance and styling, the Yamaha FZ-09 – which replaced the popular FZ-8 – quickly became a favorite in the naked sportbike market.
And now, Akrapovic has released an upgrade for the machine featuring Yamaha’s 847cc inline three – an new Racing Line exhaust system. The system will allow the engine to breath freely, delivering higher horsepower (+5.4) and a more resonant exhaust tone.
The Racing Line system is a full-length exhaust constructed from quality stainless steel with a titanium alloy outer sleeve on the muffler body. A new “slash-cut” tail section has been designed to retain the narrow lines of the FZ-09 and has a removable baffle plate, which features three stylish exit ports.
Constructed in two sections for ease of fit, the front section consists of three manifold tubes – linked by crossover tubes – precisely welded into a short collector. The muffler body and front section are connected by interference fit and secured by race specification springs.
A bracket assembly utilises the standard FZ-09 frame mounting points. Akrapovič replacement manifold clamps are used to mount the manifold tubes in place on the cylinder head.
Another performance aid is weight reduction. The Akrapovič Racing Line exhaust is considerably lighter than the stock item. Even though the exhaust increases performance and throttle response, there is no need for additional tuning providing the original Yamaha lambda sensor is retained – provision for this is provided on the collector tube.
Yamaha FZ-09 Akrapovic Racing Line Exhaust Features:
- Increased power-to-weight ratio with weight reduction of 2.4kg (5.3 lb) compared to stock exhaust
- Peak power gain of 4.0kW (5.4HP) @ 9900rpm
- Peak torque gain of 5.3Nm (3.9ft-lb) @ 5000rpm
- Increased torque and power output throughout the midrange
- One-piece welded manifold assembly for ease of fit
- Improved throttle response
- Retains standard Lambda sensor
- EPA approved (not CARB approved. Optional Akrapovič catalytic converter available for regions where it is required)
For additional information, visit Akrapovic’s website.