2013 Ural Gaucho Rambler LE Motorcycle | First Look Review
Ural Gaucho Rambler Motorcycle Preview
Ural, the famed Russian manufacturer of motorcycles with sidecars, has released a limited edition model for 2013 – the Gaucho Rambler.
The 2-wheel drive Gaucho Rambler, which was created in collaboration with Pendleton Woolen Mills, was inspired by the American West.
Ural says “With nothing more than their horse, a knife and a poncho, the Cowboys of the Americas rambled through the country, living off the land, taking each day as it came, and always on a journey towards the sunset. The rebel spirit of the cowboy is very much in the character of each Ural. Taking on the road, with no specific goal in mind is something every rider longs for.”
Madina Merzhoeva (Ural VP of Sales & Marketing) says: “Ural and Pendleton are two companies which at different points in time ventured out to find home in the American West, both of which endured many challenges and yet all the while maintained their authenticity.
“This year Pendleton’s anniversary celebrates 150 years of weaving textiles in America and Ural marks its 20th year in the US. Paying homage to our beginnings and the pioneering spirit is what connects the two brands and inspired this collaboration.”
The matte Pacific Blue finish is highlighted by a silver build, and sunburnt canvas upholstery for the sidecar. Passenger comfort is enhanced with the addition of an accessory windscreen. A “Journey West” blanket by Pendleton with a limited commemorative label comes with each bike.
On demand two-wheel drive, a spare tire and a GSI Outdoors camp kit finalize the preparedness for the bike’s first journey.
Only 50 of the 2013 Ural Gaucho Rambler motorcycles will be built. They will be available in November for $14,350.
2013 Ural Gaucho Rambler Specs:
- MSRP: $14,350
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 101.6″ x 66.9″ x 43.3″
- Seat Height: 30.9″
- Road clearance: 5.9″
- Dry Weight: 739 lbs.
- Recommended Max Cruising Speed: 65 mph
- Engine: OHV Air-cooled, 4 stroke, opposed twin cylinder
- Bore & Stroke: 78×78 (mm)
- Compression Ratio: 8.6:1
- Displacement: 749cc
- Rated HP @ 5600 RPM: 40
- Rated Torque @ 4600 RPM: 38 ft-lbs
- Fuel System: Carbureted, dual Keihin L22AA, 32mm
- Clutch: Dry, dual disk
- Alternator Max Output: 55amp, 770 watts
- Starting: Electric & Kick starter
- Transmission: 4 forward, 1 reverse
- Final Drive: Shaft drive
- Recommended Fuel: 91 Octane Unleaded
- Tank Capacity: 5.0 gallons
- Front Brakes: Brembo with full floating disk
- Rear Brakes: Mechanical drum
- Sidecar Brakes: Mechanical drum
- Ignition System: Full electronic C.D.I.
- Front Suspension: Leading link w/Sachs hydraulic shock absorbers
- Rear Suspension: Sachs hydraulic shock absorbers
- Wheel Size(front, rear, and sidecar): 19″
- Wheel Type: Aluminum, steel spokes, cast alum. hubs
- Miles per Gallon: 26-33 mpg
- Trunk Volume: 2.9 cubic ft
- Color: Pacific Blue in matte finish
- Special features: On-demand 2WD, spare tire and luggage rack, Sunbrella sunburnt canvas upholstery and tonneau cover, GSI Outdoors camp kit, custom “Journey West” blanket by Pendleton with commemorative label.
- Warranty: 2 years parts and labor, unlimited mileage
- MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, delivery, and dealer-installed options. Dealer prices may vary
For additional information, log onto imz-ural.com/2013-ural-gaucho-rambler-le/.