2013 Honda CBR 500 R Photos/Pics/Images/Wallpaper
Honda amped up its entry-level offerings for 2013, releasing a host of 500 (471cc) motorcycles – the CB500F (standard style); the CB500X (adventure style) and the CBR500R sportbike.
The latter was one of the most talked-about machines when Honda unveiled the info in November. The reason? The bike is the perfect middle platform between the wildly popular CBR250R and the aggressive CBR600RR.
The CBR500R has attitude, but doesn’t quite scare. It arrives with a 471cc parallel-twin DOHC that produces 47 horsepower, Pro-Link single-shock rear suspension, 41mm fork, 320mm front/240mm rear disc brakes, 17-inch wheels and a full fairing with styling attributes directly from Honda’s CBR600RR and CBR1000RR.
Below are the specs of the 2013 Honda CBR500RR, which carries an MSRP of $5,999 ($6,499 with ABS).
Attached above is a photo gallery of studio images that make for great wallpaper. To download for wallpaper, simply click the desired thumbnail to expand the photo, and save as desktop background.
For a preview of the Honda CBR500R, click here.
2013 Honda CBR500R / CBR500R ABS Specs:
- Engine Type: 471cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Bore and Stroke: 67.0mm x 66.8mm
- Compression ratio: 10.7:1
- Power: 47 horsepower @ 8500 rpm; 32 ft. lbs. torque @ 7000 rpm
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Induction: PGM-FI with 34mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Suspension Front: 41mm fork; 4.3 inches travel
- Suspension Rear: Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 inches travel
- Brakes Front: Twin-piston caliper with single 320mm wave disc
- Brakes Rear: Single-piston caliper 240mm wave disc
- Optional Honda ABS
- Tires Front: 120/70ZR-17M/C; Rear: 160/60ZR-17M/C
- Wheelbase: 55.5 inches
- Rake (Caster Angle): 25° 5’
- Trail: 103mm (4.05 inches)
- Seat Height: 30.9 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 4.1 gallons including 0.7-gallon reserve
- Estimated Fuel Economy: 71 MPG
- Curb Weight: 425 pounds (CBR500R) / 429 pounds (CBR500RA)
- Colors: Black, Pearl White/Blue/Red, Red (only color ABS is available in)