Bonhams is privileged to offer for sale the collection of motorcycles assembled by Gloucester-based dentist and keen motorcycle enthusiast, the late Evan Aled Jenkins, who died last year.
The collection, which will go on sale at the Bonhams October Stafford Sale at The Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show on Sunday, Oct. 21, comprises more than 50 motorcycles offered without reserve. The machines are mainly Japanese with some British and Italian representation, and include some of the most desirable limited-edition models of recent times.
Foremost among the latter is the 2002 Yamaha 750cc YZF-R7 (also known as the OW-02), one of only 500 of this exotic production racer built to meet the homologation requirements of the World Superbike Championship. Unused and unregistered (but with DVLA entitlement to the most appropriate number plate: ‘OW02 YAM’), it is estimated to fetch between £12,000 and £14,000.
Other highlights from the collection are:
- A limited edition 1999 Honda TT100 Fireblade Evolution (£4,000 – £4,500)
- A 2002 Honda SP-1 Joey Dunlop commemorative model (£2,500 – £3,000)
- A 2005 Bimota YB11 (£4,000 – £4,500)
- A 1994 Ducati 916SPS Fogarty Replica (£2,500 – £3,000)
- A 1978 Honda CBX1000 (£6,700 – £7,200)
- A 2000 Yoshimura Suzuki GSXR1300R Hayabusa X-1 Suzuka 8-Hour Replica (£5,000 – £5,500)
- A 1999 Honda CBR1200XX Super Blackbird 50th Anniversary model (£7,000 – £8,000)
- A 2000 Bimota SBR6 (£5,000 – £5,500)
- The ex-Holeshot Racing, Jarrod Frost, British Land Speed Record 1999 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa (£2,000 – £2,500)
Ben Walker (Head of the Motorcycle Department at Bonhams) says: “It is a privilege to offer this wonderful collection of modern-day classics on behalf of Aled’s family. I can see exactly what Aled was trying to accomplish with his collection, and his passion and enthusiasm for machines is clearly evident.
“We anticipate a total entry of around 180 machines for our bi-annual sale at Stafford held in conjunction with The Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show, which is one of the most important sales that takes place during the year and the barometer for values and prices.”