2013 Harley-Davidson FLTRXSE2 CVO Road Glide Custom
For 2013, Harley-Davidson will produce approximately 3,150 of its Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO) Road Glide Custom motorcycles, the bikes highlighted by many new features over last year’s models.
The most notable update on the CVO Road Glide Custom that arrives with the unique fork-mounted shark-nose fairing is the new “Daymaker” LED headlamp; this is the first production Harley to be equipped with the LED head light.
Another notable feature on the CVO Road Glide Custom is the all-new high-output Harman/Kardon Advanced Audio system. The system is enhanced with a second 200-watt amplifier and a pair of 5×7-inch speakers with bridged tweeters located in the saddlebag lids in addition to 5×7-inch fairing-mount speakers and two-inch dash-mount tweeters. The audio system features CD/AM/FM/WB, an 8GB Apple iPod nano located in the right-side saddlebag, and a new, more-sensitive hidden AM/FM antenna located within the fairing, Harley says.
Other new features on the 2013 CVO Road Glide Custom, which arrives with Harley’s most-powerful production engine, the Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110 that pushes 122 ft. lbs. of torque at 3750 rpm, are a smoked Wind Splitter windscreen with a ghosted Harley-Davidson graphic, a chrome billet-style extended reach heel shifter, a low-profile, two-piece seat with diamond pattern leather inserts, a black 1.25-inch handlebar, and Slipstream Collection hand grips and foot controls.
The CVO Road Glide Custom, built on Harley’s Touring chassis that features a single-spar, rigid backbone frame and stout swingarm, arrives in three new color combinations, which includes the 110th anniversary scheme.
Three new color combinations will be offered for 2013, including the 110th anniversary scheme, which features solid bronze fuel tank badges, plated in black nickel and then distressed to highlight the bronze. A bright gold-tone Bar and Shield cloisonné is inserted in the main body of the “single wing” badge while each motorcycle will carry other model-specific anniversary badging, trim and a serialization badge.
Following are the features, specs, color options and MSRP for the 2013 Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide Custom:
2013 Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide Custom Features:
- NEW Assist & Slip Clutch Pack provides a slip feature on downshifts to reduce loading of the driveline; hydraulic actuation with reduced effort and reshaped lever
- NEW High-output amplified audio system with two 200-watt amplifiers, new 5×7-inch speakers with bridged tweeters on the saddlebag lids, 5×7- inch two-way fairing-mount speakers, and two- inch dash-mounted tweeters. Harman/Kardon® Advanced Audio radio features CD/AM/FM/WB. An 8GB Apple® iPod® nano connects to the audio system through an iPod interface and iPod holder located in the right-side saddle bag
- NEW Sensitive AM/FM antenna located within the fairing
- NEW Daymaker LED Headlamp with Contrast Chrome/Black reflector
- NEW Chrome billet-style extended reach heel shifter NEW Smoked Wind Splitter windscreen with a
- ghosted Harley-Davidson graphic
- NEW Low-profile two-piece seat with diamond- pattern leather inserts and detachable pillion
- NEW Black 1.25-inch-diameter, internally-wired handlebar
- NEW Slipstream Collection hand grips, rider floorboard inserts, shifter pegs, brake pedal pad, passenger footpegs
- NEW Indoor/Outdoor motorcycle storage cover with embroidered CVOTM logo
- Contrast Chrome Agitator Custom wheels and Agitator front brake rotors
- Extended hard saddlebags; color-matched rear fascia with LED brake/turn lights
- Color-matched inner fairing and speedometer/ tachometer housing, color-matched upper fork sliders, license plate light cover, and rear fender strut covers
- Aerodynamic fork-mounted fairing with dual headlamps.
- Anti-Lock Brakes
- Electronic Cruise Control
- Chrome Accessories
- Black high-torque 1.4kW starter
- Braided black stainless steel brake and clutch lines
- Harley-Davidson Smart Security System with siren.
- Commemorative CVOTM ignition key with display box.
- Customer Care package that includes a tool kit, microfiber detail cloth, and H-D jiffy stand coaster
2013 Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide Custom Specs:
- Type: Air-cooled, Twin Cam 110
- Displacement (in./cc): 110/1802
- Valves: Pushrod-operated, overhead valves with hydraulic, self-adjusting lifters; two-valves per cylinder
- Bore X Stroke: 4 in. x 4.38 in. (101.6 mm x 111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Transmission: 6-Speed Cruise Drive
- Power: 122 ft. lbs. of torque @ 3750 rpm
- Miles Per Gallon: 41 combined City/Hwy
- Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters): 6/22.7
- Frame: Mild steel; tubular frame, two-piece stamped and welded backbone; cast and forged junctions; twin down tubes; bolt-on rear frame with forged fender supports; MIG welded
- Swingarm: Mild steel; two-piece drawn and welded section; forged junctions; MIG welded
- Forks: 41.3 mm telescopic with blow-by valve
- Rear Suspension: Hydraulic, adjustable
- Suspension Travel: Front Wheel 4.6 in. (117 mm); rear wheel 2 in. (51 mm)
- Brakes: 32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear Dual floating rotors (front – 11.81 in. x .2 in. (300 mm x 5 mm)), fixed rotor (rear – 11.81 in. x .28 in. (300 mm x 7 mm))
- ABS: Standard
- Tires: Dunlop Harley-Davidson Series, bias blackwall front (D408F 130/60B19 M/C 61H) and rear (D407 180/55B18 M/C 80H)
- Wheels: Contrast Chrome Agitator Custom Wheels – Front, 19 in. x 3.5 in. (483 mm x 89 mm), rear, 18 in. x 5 in. (457 mm x 127 mm)
- Length (in./mm): 96.3/2445
- Seat Height (laden) (in./mm): 26.6/676
- Wheelbase (in./mm): 64/1625
- Weight as Shipped (lbs./kg): 807/367
2013 Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide Custom Color Options/MSRP:
- Atomic Orange/Galaxy Grey with Edge Graphics / $32,995
- Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald with Edge Graphics / $32,995
- 110th Anniversary Edition Diamond Dust/Obsidian with Palladium Graphics / $33,995