2013 Harley Road King CVO | Preview
2013 Harley-Davidson Road King FLHRSE5
In 2013, Harley-Davidson is offering the Road King as a Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO) model.
The 2013 H-D Road King CVO, which features the Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110 V-Twin that produces 118 ft. lbs. of torque, will be available in two standard colors – Burgundy Blaze and Crushed Sapphire. And for an extra $1,000, the Road King CVO in Anniversary Diamond Dust/ Obsidian with Palladium graphics, which is highlighted with special 110th Anniversary accessories.
Besides featuring the largest displacement V-Twin offered by Harley, the 2013 Road King CVO also arrives with the Vented Wind Splitter windshield, and the first audio system ever offered on a Road King.
The new detachable Vented Wind Splitter windshield was developed by Harley-Davidson and tested in the Wichita State University wind tunnel to relieve low pressure behind the windshield and significantly reduce buffeting at the rider position. A vane within the vent should be adjusted to match air flow to the rider’s height.
The first factory-installed Road King audio system includes a 200-watt amplifier and an interface module for an included 8GB Apple® iPod® controlled by buttons on the handlebar. The system drives two 5×7-inch speakers with bridged tweeters located on the saddlebag lids, and two 5.25-inch speakers with bridged tweeters mounted in the fairing lowers.
The CVO also features the new Assist & Slip Clutch Pack that provides a slip feature on downshifts to reduce loading of the driveline. A new internal design significantly improves the life of the clutch pack in test cycles. Hydraulic clutch actuation has been updated to reduce lever effort; peak force required is reduced by 10 percent and hold-in force is reduced 17 percent. Finally, a new clutch lever shape reduces reach and optimizes lever control.
And like all 2013 CVO models (Breakout, Road Glide, Ultra Classic Electra Glide) models also feature electronic cruise control, Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), the Harley-Davidson Smart Security System, and a new indoor/outdoor storage cover with CVO logo.
The 2013 Harley-Davidson Road King CVO will be limited to approximately 3,650 units assembled at the Harley-Davidson Vehicle Operations facility in York, Pa.
Following are the features, specs, color options and MSRP for the 2013 Harley-Davidson Road King CVO:
2013 Harley-Davidson Road King CVO Specs:
- Assist & Slip Clutch Pack provides a slip feature on downshifts to reduce loading of the driveline; hydraulic actuation with reduced effort and reshaped lever
- Four-speaker audio system with a 200-watt amplifier and interface for an 8GB Apple iPod controlled by buttons on the handlebar
- Detachable Vented Wind Splitter windshield with an adjustable vane to match air flow to the rider’s height
- Low-profile chrome console holds a combination speedometer/tachometer with programmable back-light colors
- Chrome billet-style extended reach heel shifter
- Solo seat and detachable passenger pillion and backrest with tuck-and-roll leather inserts and laser etched “Road King” panel
- Chrome 1.25-inch-diameter, internally-wired handlebar
- Slipstream Collection hand grips, rider floorboard inserts, shifter pegs, brake pedal pad and passenger footpegs
- Mirror Chrome Agitator Custom wheels with matching Agitator floating front brake rotors
- Chrome billet muffler end caps with black spears
- Injection-molded, extended hard saddlebags; color-matched rear fascia with LED brake/turn lights
- Color-matched saddlebag latches, rear fender strut covers, license plate light cover and rear fascia
- Anti-Lock Brakes
- Electronic Cruise Control
- Chrome Accessories
- Black high-torque 1.4kW starter
- Braided stainless steel brake and clutch lines
- Harley-Davidson Smart Security System with siren
- Commemorative CVOTM ignition key with display box
- Customer Care package that includes a tool kit, microfiber detail cloth, H-D® jiffy stand coaster, and indoor/outdoor motorcycle storage cover with embroidered CVO logo
- 110th Anniversary Edition includes serialized 110th Anniversary cloisonné on the tank console insert, Midnight Pearl 110th Anniversary tank medallion, Black engine with Gloss Black covers, Midnight Pearl engine cover inserts, and exclusive paint scheme
2013 Harley-Davidson Road King CVO Specs:
- Type: Air-cooled, Twin Cam 110TM
- Displacement (in./cc): 110/1802
- Valves: Pushrod-operated, overhead valves with hydraulic, self-adjusting lifters; two valves per cylinder
- Bore X Stroke: 4 in. x 4.38 in. (101.6 mm x 111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Power: 118 ft. lbs. of torque @ 3750 rpm
- Transmission: 6-Speed Cruise Drive
- Miles Per Gallon: 41 combined City/Hwy
- Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters): 6/22.7
- Frame: Mild steel; tubular frame; two-piece stamped and welded backbone; cast and forged junctions; twin downtubes; bolt-on rear frame with forged fender supports; MIG welded
- Swingarm: Mild steel; two-piece drawn and welded section; forged junctions; MIG welded
- Forks: 41.3 mm telescopic
- Rear Suspension: Hydraulic rear shock with hand adjustable pre-load
- Brakes: 32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear Dual floating rotors (front 11.81 in. x .2 in. (300 mm x 5.1 mm)), fixed rotor (rear 11.81 in. x .28 in. (300 mm x 7.1 mm)).
- Tires: Dunlop Harley-Davidson Series, bias blackwall front (D408F 130/60B19 61H) and rear (D407 180/55B18 80H)
- Wheels: Mirror Chrome Agitator Custom Wheels Front 19 in. x 3.5 in. (483 mm x 89 mm) and rear 19 in. x 3.5 in. (483 mm x 89 mm)
- Length (in./mm): 96.7/2455
- Seat Height (laden) (in./mm): 26.5/673
- Wheelbase (in./mm): 64/1625
- Weight as Shipped (lbs./kg): 809/367
2013 Harley-Davidson Road King CVO Color Options/MSRP:
- Burgundy Blaze with Hot Fusion graphics / $29,999
- Crushed Sapphire with Cold Fusion graphics / $29,999
- Anniversary Diamond Dust/ Obsidian with Palladium graphics / $30,999